- Report: Miami Heat worked out PAC-12 Freshman of the Year on Sunday
- Orlando Magic star takes jab at Miami Heat’s Pat Riley after ‘asterisk’ comments
- Video: Diehard Miami Heat fan gets team logo tattooed onto his head
- Tyler Herro shows off several new tattoos while on vacation with girlfriend Katya Elise Henry
- Pat Riley explains what he actually meant by saying 2020 title will always have ‘asterisk’
- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
Miami Heat News: Derrick Jones Jr. Expected to Miss at Least 6 Weeks With Bone Bruises in Knee
- Updated: January 28, 2019
While the injury seemed like it could have been a season ender for the talented youngster, it has now been reported that Jones Jr. suffered two right knee bone bruises, and will be evaluated in six weeks.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) January 28, 2019
If Jones Jr. were to be able to return to the court in six weeks, it would give him just under a month to get back up to speed for any potential playoff run the Heat hope to make this spring.
While it will be hard to replace the 6-foot-7 forward who is enjoying something of a breakout season, it is great new to hear that the injury is not as serious as some initially feared.
Hopefully Jones Jr.’s ability to start rehabilitation immediately will encourage him to return to the court as quickly as possible.
As for the Heat, Jones Jr.’s absence will offer them the opportunity to display their deep rotation in the games to come.