- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Miami Heat News: Derrick Jones Jr. Expected to Miss at Least 6 Weeks With Bone Bruises in Knee
- Updated: January 28, 2019
While the injury seemed like it could have been a season ender for the talented youngster, it has now been reported that Jones Jr. suffered two right knee bone bruises, and will be evaluated in six weeks.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) January 28, 2019
If Jones Jr. were to be able to return to the court in six weeks, it would give him just under a month to get back up to speed for any potential playoff run the Heat hope to make this spring.
While it will be hard to replace the 6-foot-7 forward who is enjoying something of a breakout season, it is great new to hear that the injury is not as serious as some initially feared.
Hopefully Jones Jr.’s ability to start rehabilitation immediately will encourage him to return to the court as quickly as possible.
As for the Heat, Jones Jr.’s absence will offer them the opportunity to display their deep rotation in the games to come.