- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
Miami Heat News: Derrick Jones Jr. Expected to Miss at Least 6 Weeks With Bone Bruises in Knee
- Updated: January 28, 2019
While the injury seemed like it could have been a season ender for the talented youngster, it has now been reported that Jones Jr. suffered two right knee bone bruises, and will be evaluated in six weeks.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) January 28, 2019
If Jones Jr. were to be able to return to the court in six weeks, it would give him just under a month to get back up to speed for any potential playoff run the Heat hope to make this spring.
While it will be hard to replace the 6-foot-7 forward who is enjoying something of a breakout season, it is great new to hear that the injury is not as serious as some initially feared.
Hopefully Jones Jr.’s ability to start rehabilitation immediately will encourage him to return to the court as quickly as possible.
As for the Heat, Jones Jr.’s absence will offer them the opportunity to display their deep rotation in the games to come.