- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Video: Zaire Wade does his best LeBron James impersonation on the basketball court
- Report: Miami Heat likely to look for replacement for Dewayne Dedmon if he explores free agency
Miami Heat News: Derrick Jones Jr. Expected to Miss at Least 6 Weeks With Bone Bruises in Knee
- Updated: January 28, 2019
While the injury seemed like it could have been a season ender for the talented youngster, it has now been reported that Jones Jr. suffered two right knee bone bruises, and will be evaluated in six weeks.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) January 28, 2019
If Jones Jr. were to be able to return to the court in six weeks, it would give him just under a month to get back up to speed for any potential playoff run the Heat hope to make this spring.
While it will be hard to replace the 6-foot-7 forward who is enjoying something of a breakout season, it is great new to hear that the injury is not as serious as some initially feared.
Hopefully Jones Jr.’s ability to start rehabilitation immediately will encourage him to return to the court as quickly as possible.
As for the Heat, Jones Jr.’s absence will offer them the opportunity to display their deep rotation in the games to come.