- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
- Video: Victor Oladipo throws down angry poster over Andre Drummond
- Tyler Herro admits he ‘definitely thought I would be starting’ as he comments on reserve role with Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade slights Boston Celtics, says they don’t have an identity
Report: Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo Selected as Finalists for Team USA
- Updated: February 10, 2020
The list includes a total of 44 players, and many of them have prior experience playing for Team USA. In fact, both Butler and Adebayo have a history with the national team.
Butler was part of the team that won the gold medal at the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. He averaged 5.6 points and 2.5 rebounds per game during the tournament.
As for Adebayo, he participated with the team during its training camp for the 2019 FIBA World Cup before being cut from the final roster.
Both players have been outstanding for the Heat this season, with the two being named All-Stars.
Butler has averaged 20.5 points, 6.8 rebounds and 6.3 assists per this season, while Adebayo has averaged 16.0 points, 10.4 rebounds, 4.9 assists and 1.2 blocks per game this season.
While there is no guarantee that either player makes the final cut for Team USA, being named finalists is surely a step in the right direction.
The 2020 Olympics will take place this summer in Tokyo.