- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
Report: Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo Selected as Finalists for Team USA
- Updated: February 10, 2020
The list includes a total of 44 players, and many of them have prior experience playing for Team USA. In fact, both Butler and Adebayo have a history with the national team.
Butler was part of the team that won the gold medal at the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. He averaged 5.6 points and 2.5 rebounds per game during the tournament.
As for Adebayo, he participated with the team during its training camp for the 2019 FIBA World Cup before being cut from the final roster.
Both players have been outstanding for the Heat this season, with the two being named All-Stars.
Butler has averaged 20.5 points, 6.8 rebounds and 6.3 assists per this season, while Adebayo has averaged 16.0 points, 10.4 rebounds, 4.9 assists and 1.2 blocks per game this season.
While there is no guarantee that either player makes the final cut for Team USA, being named finalists is surely a step in the right direction.
The 2020 Olympics will take place this summer in Tokyo.