- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
- Here’s how Kawhi Leonard joining the Miami Heat would become a ‘possibility’
- Here’s what Philadelphia 76ers would ‘very likely’ demand from Miami Heat for Joel Embiid
- Report: Miami Heat have ‘admiration’ for Paul George’s game as big free agency looms
- Video: Mike Tyson confronts Boosie Badazz over derogatory comments about Dwyane Wade’s transgender daughter
- Report: Miami Heat showing interest in promising young guard from Alabama
- Miami Heat’s Kendrick Nunn shows off budding new romance while on vacation
Report: Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo Selected as Finalists for Team USA
- Updated: February 10, 2020
The list includes a total of 44 players, and many of them have prior experience playing for Team USA. In fact, both Butler and Adebayo have a history with the national team.
Butler was part of the team that won the gold medal at the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. He averaged 5.6 points and 2.5 rebounds per game during the tournament.
As for Adebayo, he participated with the team during its training camp for the 2019 FIBA World Cup before being cut from the final roster.
Both players have been outstanding for the Heat this season, with the two being named All-Stars.
Butler has averaged 20.5 points, 6.8 rebounds and 6.3 assists per this season, while Adebayo has averaged 16.0 points, 10.4 rebounds, 4.9 assists and 1.2 blocks per game this season.
While there is no guarantee that either player makes the final cut for Team USA, being named finalists is surely a step in the right direction.
The 2020 Olympics will take place this summer in Tokyo.