- Video: Bam Adebayo pissed at Dwyane Wade for taking forever to respond to texts
- Dwyane Wade: ‘If you don’t like D. Rose, something is wrong with you’
- Miami Heat release crucial injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Boston Celtics
- Victor Oladipo issues emphatic 1-word response to Russell Westbrook becoming all-time triple-double leader
- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
Miami Heat News: Erik Spoelstra Wins Eastern Conference Coach of the Month
- Updated: February 1, 2018
The Miami Heat have been firing on all cylinders as of late. After starting January off with a seven-game winning streak, they finished the month with a 10-5 record. Thanks to their success, the Heat currently control the fourth spot in the Eastern Conference and have solidified themselves amongst the conference’s best teams.
As a result, Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra was named the Eastern Conference Coach of the Month on Thursday.
Congrats, Spo! pic.twitter.com/Pa8eiEmXGb
Still, Spoelstra liked what he saw in Wednesday’s game and wants his team to stay the course.
“There were a lot of things that I really liked about our team tonight. We did not play well at all offensively. It’s probably one of our poorer games on that side of the floor in a while,” he said following the game. “It was pretty surprising that we still had a chance there at the end, but our defense really stepped up. That’s what we’ve been talking about, so we’re going to stay with that road map right now because we’re putting together an identity that our guys are really starting to find some purpose with.”
If the Heat can continue winning with a similar level of success that they enjoyed in January, Spoelstra may very well be on his way to a Coach of the Year award by season’s end.