- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
Report: Some Around NBA Shun Thought of Miami Heat Trading Tyler Herro for Victor Oladipo
- Updated: August 24, 2020
However, some people around the NBA believe it would be wrong for the Heat to trade rookie sensation Tyler Herro for Oladipo.
“In fact, I have discussed the Tyler Herro-Victor Oladipo with several NBA types, with it almost universal that such a swap would not be in the Heat’s best interests,” wrote Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
The Heat and Pacers are currently taking each other on in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.
Both franchises could soon be fighting for the services of Oladipo, as he is set to become a free agent in the 2021 offseason.
If the Heat want to acquire him for a championship run next season, they will have to trade for him. Yet, the idea of including Herro in a deal for the former All-Star apparently doesn’t sit right with many people.
After all, the 20-year-old Herro is outperforming Oladipo in their first-round matchup. In the series, Herro is posting 16.7 points, 3.7 boards and 2.7 assists per game.
On the other hand, Oladipo is putting up 15.3 points, 1.7 rebounds and 1.7 assists per contest. The Heat are up in the series, 3-0.
The Heat will look to a complete the 4-0 series sweep against the Pacers on Monday.