- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
- Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
- Bam Adebayo makes it clear that he wants to become 2-time All-Star this season
- Udonis Haslem fires scathing NSFW shots at Colin Cowherd after he disrespects Miami Heat
- Miami Heat members gush over Bam Adebayo’s leadership this season: ‘You definitely hear his voice now’
Report: Pat Riley Once Spit in Disgust Due to ‘So-Called Leaders’ in Dion Waiters and Hassan Whiteside
- Updated: September 10, 2020
In the meantime, Riley, who has run the show as team president since 1995, couldn’t help but take a shot at two former Heat players, according to ESPN’s Dan LeBatard who was on The Lowe Post podcast recently.
Whiteside and Waiters are probably two of Riley’s biggest misfires since he took the job as team president. Although both players are talented and still in the league, neither player lived up to expectations with the Heat.
The now-Portland Trail Blazers center inked a massive four-year contract with the Heat back in July of 2016. Whiteside’s contract was worth $98 million over that four-year span. He was ultimately traded to the Blazers in a four-team deal in July of 2019.
As for Waiters, the veteran guard put the franchise through quite a lot during his stint with the team. The last incident resulted in him being suspended for the third time during the 2019-20 NBA season.
These suspensions were all related to his conduct, and it all came down to a panic attack on the team plane as the result of taking a THC-infused edible.
The Heat ended up parting ways with Waiters by trading him to the Memphis Grizzlies. He signed a four-year, $52 million contract with the Heat back in 2017. He has since been waived by the Grizzlies and signed with the Los Angeles Lakers.