- Justise Winslow Pens Heartfelt Goodbye to Miami Heat Organization, Teammates and Fans
- Report: Miami Heat Release Results of Jimmy Butler’s Latest MRI
- Miami Heat News: Andre Iguodala’s Latest Extension With Heat Contains Addendum
- Jae Crowder Dedicates Endearing Message to Heat Nation After Being Traded to Miami Heat
- Grading the Miami Heat’s 2020 NBA Trade Deadline Acquisitions
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Tristan Thompson If He’s Bought Out by Cavs
- LeBron James Applauds Miami Heat for Signing Andre Iguodala
- Report: James Johnson Headed to Minnesota Timberwolves in Exchange for Gorgui Dieng
- Andre Iguodala Reveals Why He Chose Miami Heat Over Golden State Warriors
- Jimmy Butler Says Miami Heat ‘Ready to Go to War’ After Andre Iguodala Trade
Report: Oklahoma City Thunder GM Working on Deal to Send Russell Westbrook to Miami Heat
- Updated: July 10, 2019
A deal involving Miami Heat and former NBA MVP Russell Westbrook seems to be coming to a head.
According to a Wednesday report, Oklahoma City Thunder general manager Sam Presti is currently working on sending Westbrook to Miami, as the Heat are his preferred destination.
This is huge news for the Heat, and could potentially indicate that the Thunder would be willing to take a less-than-ideal return for Westbrook.
The reason why these veterans are likely pieces for any trade involving the Thunder is because all four players either have expiring or near-expiring deals.
The Thunder’s primary objective in terms of trading Westbrook is not only to build assets for what has become a clear rebuild following the trade of All-Star Paul George, but also to get under the luxury tax.
If the Heat are able to get this deal done to pair Westbrook with current star Jimmy Butler, as well as hold onto their talented young core, they would once again be considered a major force in the Eastern Conference and beyond.