- Udonis Haslem unveils fascinating story, credits Jae Crowder’s father for his NBA career
- Jayson Tatum lets people know Boston Celtics are still losing series to Miami Heat
- Boston Celtics forward gushes about ‘explosive’ and ‘super talented’ Bam Adebayo
- Miami Heat GM on What Stood Out About Bam Adebayo During Draft Workout That Was ‘Extraordinary’
- Duncan Robinson Heaps Massive Praise Upon Emergence of Tyler Herro in Playoffs
- Jae Crowder Hints at Critical Offensive Changes for Miami Heat Ahead of Game 4
- Meyers Leonard Finally Opens Up on Losing Spot in Miami Heat’s Playoff Rotation
- Dwyane Wade’s Emphatic Reaction to Anthony Davis’ Game-Winner vs. Denver Nuggets
- Jimmy Butler Sends Stern Challenge to Miami Heat Teammates After Game 3 Loss to Boston Celtics
- The Uplifting Advice Udonis Haslem Gave Miami Heat After Disappointing Game 3
Report: Oklahoma City Thunder GM Working on Deal to Send Russell Westbrook to Miami Heat
- Updated: July 10, 2019
A deal involving Miami Heat and former NBA MVP Russell Westbrook seems to be coming to a head.
According to a Wednesday report, Oklahoma City Thunder general manager Sam Presti is currently working on sending Westbrook to Miami, as the Heat are his preferred destination.
This is huge news for the Heat, and could potentially indicate that the Thunder would be willing to take a less-than-ideal return for Westbrook.
The reason why these veterans are likely pieces for any trade involving the Thunder is because all four players either have expiring or near-expiring deals.
The Thunder’s primary objective in terms of trading Westbrook is not only to build assets for what has become a clear rebuild following the trade of All-Star Paul George, but also to get under the luxury tax.
If the Heat are able to get this deal done to pair Westbrook with current star Jimmy Butler, as well as hold onto their talented young core, they would once again be considered a major force in the Eastern Conference and beyond.