- Zaire Wade sends angry message to Sierra Canyon after watching documentary: ‘You woke up a killa’
- Miami Heat news: Bam Adebayo signs endorsement deal with Jordan Brand
- Jimmy Butler offers surprising reaction to not being selected to this year’s All-Star team
- Report: Miami Heat ‘well positioned’ to sign John Collins this offseason
- Report: Miami Heat among ‘potential trade destinations’ for Kyle Lowry
- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
Report: Oklahoma City Thunder GM Working on Deal to Send Russell Westbrook to Miami Heat
- Updated: July 10, 2019
A deal involving Miami Heat and former NBA MVP Russell Westbrook seems to be coming to a head.
According to a Wednesday report, Oklahoma City Thunder general manager Sam Presti is currently working on sending Westbrook to Miami, as the Heat are his preferred destination.
This is huge news for the Heat, and could potentially indicate that the Thunder would be willing to take a less-than-ideal return for Westbrook.
The reason why these veterans are likely pieces for any trade involving the Thunder is because all four players either have expiring or near-expiring deals.
The Thunder’s primary objective in terms of trading Westbrook is not only to build assets for what has become a clear rebuild following the trade of All-Star Paul George, but also to get under the luxury tax.
If the Heat are able to get this deal done to pair Westbrook with current star Jimmy Butler, as well as hold onto their talented young core, they would once again be considered a major force in the Eastern Conference and beyond.