- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
- Bam Adebayo makes epic announcement after he officially signs extension with Miami Heat
- Pat Riley speaks out on Bam Adebayo officially signing 5-year, max rookie contract
- Dwyane Wade recounts him and Jimmy Butler losing $50K to Rajon Rondo, other teammates while gambling
- Precious Achiuwa reveals he was ‘probably the biggest’ Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo fan last season
Report: Oklahoma City Thunder GM Working on Deal to Send Russell Westbrook to Miami Heat
- Updated: July 10, 2019
A deal involving Miami Heat and former NBA MVP Russell Westbrook seems to be coming to a head.
According to a Wednesday report, Oklahoma City Thunder general manager Sam Presti is currently working on sending Westbrook to Miami, as the Heat are his preferred destination.
This is huge news for the Heat, and could potentially indicate that the Thunder would be willing to take a less-than-ideal return for Westbrook.
The reason why these veterans are likely pieces for any trade involving the Thunder is because all four players either have expiring or near-expiring deals.
The Thunder’s primary objective in terms of trading Westbrook is not only to build assets for what has become a clear rebuild following the trade of All-Star Paul George, but also to get under the luxury tax.
If the Heat are able to get this deal done to pair Westbrook with current star Jimmy Butler, as well as hold onto their talented young core, they would once again be considered a major force in the Eastern Conference and beyond.