- Miami Heat News: Kendrick Nunn Named to 2019 Summer League First Team
- Dwyane Wade Agrees With Compelling Reason Why Lakers Should Bring Back Blue Throwback Jerseys
- Report: It’s ‘Very Likely’ That Duncan Robinson Will Make Miami Heat’s Roster
- Report: Bradley Beal Not Likely to Remain on ‘Washington Wizards’
- Former Miami Heat Broadcaster Takes Several Shots at Dan Dakich for His Awful Take on Erik Spoelstra
- Erik Spoelstra Gets Disrespected Live on Air During NBA Summer League Broadcast
- Report: OKC Thunder Have Offered ‘Nothing Enticing’ to Interest Miami Heat in Chris Paul Talks
- Video: Duncan Robinson Knocks Down Extraordinary Summer League Buzzer-Beater
- Here’s What the Miami Heat Are Asking for in a Potential Chris Paul Deal
- Report: Jimmy Butler to Wear No. 22 With Miami Heat
Report: Oklahoma City Thunder GM Working on Deal to Send Russell Westbrook to Miami Heat
- Updated: July 10, 2019
A deal involving Miami Heat and former NBA MVP Russell Westbrook seems to be coming to a head.
According to a Wednesday report, Oklahoma City Thunder general manager Sam Presti is currently working on sending Westbrook to Miami, as the Heat are his preferred destination.
This is huge news for the Heat, and could potentially indicate that the Thunder would be willing to take a less-than-ideal return for Westbrook.
The reason why these veterans are likely pieces for any trade involving the Thunder is because all four players either have expiring or near-expiring deals.
The Thunder’s primary objective in terms of trading Westbrook is not only to build assets for what has become a clear rebuild following the trade of All-Star Paul George, but also to get under the luxury tax.
If the Heat are able to get this deal done to pair Westbrook with current star Jimmy Butler, as well as hold onto their talented young core, they would once again be considered a major force in the Eastern Conference and beyond.