- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
- Video: Victor Oladipo throws down angry poster over Andre Drummond
- Tyler Herro admits he ‘definitely thought I would be starting’ as he comments on reserve role with Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade slights Boston Celtics, says they don’t have an identity
Report: Miami Heat showing interest in LaMarcus Aldridge
- Updated: March 10, 2021
The Miami Heat are reportedly interested in adding veteran LaMarcus Aldridge after he mutually agreed to part ways with the San Antonio Spurs.
— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) March 11, 2021
Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich made the announcement on Wednesday that Aldridge, 35, has played his last game with the team. Reports have surfaced that San Antonio is working out a trade rather than a contract buyout.
There's a level of confidence that a trade partner will be found for Aldridge — perhaps even in the next week — and no movement toward a contract buyout, sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) March 11, 2021
Aldridge, a seven-time All-Star who is in his 15th season in the league, has missed eight of the Spurs’ last 11 games due to a hip injury and illness. He’s averaging 13.7 points and 4.5 rebounds per game in 21 contests this season.
Aldridge has been with San Antonio since signing as a free agent in 2015 after nine seasons with the Portland Trail Blazers. He’s averaged 19.4 points and 8.3 rebounds per game over his career.