- Here’s the ridiculous amount of money Duncan Robinson could make next summer
- Tyler Herro on how he became friends with Jack Harlow: ‘Honestly, just both being white’
- Miami Heat point guard Goran Dragic gives promising update on latest foot injury
- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
- Details emerge about Jimmy Butler’s rumored romance with Selena Gomez
- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
Report: Miami Heat expressing ‘strong interest’ in Duke University standout
- Updated: November 11, 2020
The Miami Heat continue to have interest in Duke University big man Vernon Carey Jr.
Miami reportedly conducted a “private workout” with Carey Jr. as they continue to eye prospects ahead of the 2020 NBA Draft.
Now, it has been reported that the Heat have “strong interest” in taking Carey Jr. at No. 20 in the draft.
— Greg Sylvander (@GregSylvander) November 11, 2020
In his lone season at Duke, Carey Jr. averaged 17.8 points, 8.8 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game.
He was named the 2019-20 Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Rookie of the Year. He was also named a 2019-20 First Team All-ACC player and consensus All-American.
The 19-year-old shot 57.7 percent from the field and displayed a solid shooting touch on 3-point shots. He went 8-for-21 beyond the arc during his freshman season.
Miami certainly could improve upon its frontcourt depth with Meyers Leonard potentially exiting in free agency this offseason.