- Report: Miami Heat have shown interest in Larry Nance Jr.
- Antoine Walker rips Brooklyn Nets’ decision to trade for James Harden: ‘You can’t win with his style’
- Report: Miami Heat are monitoring Minnesota Timberwolves center Karl-Anthony Towns
- Report: Miami Heat have registered ‘serious interest’ in Blake Griffin
- Report: John Wall and Kyle Lowry are ‘potential targets’ for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat may be interested in acquiring Harrison Barnes
- Chris Bosh’s wife joins Dwyane Wade in destroying haters due to Julius Randle comparisons
- Report: Tyler Herro and Precious Achiuwa to represent Miami Heat on NBA Rising Stars rosters
- Dwyane Wade drops the mic as he explains why Chris Bosh is undoubtedly better than Julius Randle
- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
Report: Miami Heat expressing ‘strong interest’ in Duke University standout
- Updated: November 11, 2020
The Miami Heat continue to have interest in Duke University big man Vernon Carey Jr.
Miami reportedly conducted a “private workout” with Carey Jr. as they continue to eye prospects ahead of the 2020 NBA Draft.
Now, it has been reported that the Heat have “strong interest” in taking Carey Jr. at No. 20 in the draft.
— Greg Sylvander (@GregSylvander) November 11, 2020
In his lone season at Duke, Carey Jr. averaged 17.8 points, 8.8 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game.
He was named the 2019-20 Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Rookie of the Year. He was also named a 2019-20 First Team All-ACC player and consensus All-American.
The 19-year-old shot 57.7 percent from the field and displayed a solid shooting touch on 3-point shots. He went 8-for-21 beyond the arc during his freshman season.
Miami certainly could improve upon its frontcourt depth with Meyers Leonard potentially exiting in free agency this offseason.