- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
- Ja Morant expresses no sympathy for Miami Heat having to play 8 games in 12 days
- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
Report: Miami Heat interested in acquiring Spencer Dinwiddie
- Updated: March 18, 2021
It’s no secret that the Brooklyn Nets have been open to trading guard Spencer Dinwiddie.
It seems the Miami Heat have been one of the teams that have been keeping tabs on the currently injured guard.
Dinwiddie, 27, suffered a partially torn ACL at the beginning of the season.
As a result, he has only played in three games this season. He averaged 6.7 points, 4.3 rebounds and 3.0 assists in those three games.
Yet, Dinwiddie has star production when he’s heathy. The veteran put up a career-high 20.6 points and 6.8 assist per game last season.
Now, the Nets have the superstar trio of James Harden, Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving. The Nets could ship off Dinwiddie to build around their superstar trio.
As for the Heat, they’re gunning to make the NBA Finals again. The Heat have been active in the trade market.
While Dinwiddie would not be able to aid in Miami’s pursuit of a title this season, he could possibly be acquired for cheap and make a major impact in Miami next season.