- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Have Expressed Interest in Warriors Forward Draymond Green
- Updated: February 5, 2020
In an interesting new report, the Miami Heat are said to be interested in three-time NBA champion Draymond Green.
Heat have expressed interest in Golden State’s Draymond Green according to a source.
Many hurdles exist:
• hard cap both sides
• trade kicker
• finding 3rd team
• other trades in motion
Nevertheless I’m told Heat have registered interest & Green is aware.@5ReasonsSports
— Greg Leif Sylvander (@GregSylvander) February 5, 2020
A pre-deadline trade for Green would be a fascinating blockbuster move that would give the Heat a major star with championship pedigree heading into the final months of the 2019-20 regular season.
So far this season, the Golden State Warriors forward is averaging 8.5 points, 6.4 rebounds and 6.2 assists per game.
While those numbers are not all that stunning, there is no doubt that Green has proven multiple times that he can shine in the postseason.
Beyond that, Green’s grit and toughness would likely fit perfectly within the Heat’s vaunted team culture.
Perhaps the most perplexing aspect of this report is Green’s current contract. Just last summer, Green signed a four-year, $100 million deal with the Warriors.
That contract would likely take the Heat out of the running for the star-studded 2021 free agency class, unless they were able to part ways with multiple expensive contracts in the meantime.
Throughout this season, it has been reported that the Heat want to keep their books clean heading into the 2021 offseason so that they can be major players for free agent stars.
It is possible that the Warriors would be willing to take on several of the Heat’s veterans signed to multiyear deals in exchange for Green. However, considering his history with the team, that seems quite unlikely.
Perhaps this report is Heat team president Pat Riley playing mind games with executives throughout the league.