- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Video: Zaire Wade does his best LeBron James impersonation on the basketball court
- Report: Miami Heat likely to look for replacement for Dewayne Dedmon if he explores free agency
- Report: Joe Johnson ‘intrigued’ by Miami Heat, likes Jimmy Butler’s role with team
- Report: Bucks aimed great deal of frustration at Mike Budenholzer after they lost to Heat in last year’s playoffs
- League executives and scouts agree that the Miami Heat will be the toughest out in the play-in tournament
- Erik Spoelstra vows to play Udonis Haslem before season ends: ‘I’m going to make it happen’
Report: Miami Heat expect Victor Oladipo to return from knee injury this season
- Updated: April 18, 2021
“He tweaked that area around that quad injury that kept him out for almost a full year,” said ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski of Oladipo’s injury and stint on the injured list. “It’s been precautionary in nature. They expect him back to play.”
Oladipo suffered the injury in a victory over the Los Angeles Lakers. The fact that it was a non-contact injury scared the Heat and their fans.
There is currently no timetable for his return.
His acquisition gave Heat fans some tangible hope that, after a frustrating season, the team may have a real shot of returning to the NBA Finals.
Since the start of the 2020-21 campaign, many key players on the team have been out due to injury or being placed in the league’s COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
The Heat are currently in seventh place in the Eastern Conference. With the New York Knicks and Boston Celtics catching fire, Miami may need to get hot itself in order to avoid the necessity of winning the play-in tournament to make the postseason.