- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
- Ja Morant expresses no sympathy for Miami Heat having to play 8 games in 12 days
- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
Report: Miami Heat discussing trade with OKC Thunder to acquire Trevor Ariza
- Updated: March 16, 2021
It looks like the Miami Heat are in the market for a veteran player with lots of experience.
The team is reportedly in talks with the Oklahoma City Thunder to acquire Trevor Ariza.
Sources: The Heat and Thunder are discussing a trade that’d send Trevor Ariza to Miami. OKC is seeking a second round pick for Ariza from the numerous playoff teams with interest.
— Kevin O'Connor (@KevinOConnorNBA) March 17, 2021
Ariza, 35, is a 6-foot-8 swingman who primarily plays at the 3. He has played 16 seasons in the NBA for several teams.
He won an NBA championship in 2009 while a member of the Los Angeles Lakers, so he could bring some valuable experience and leadership to the Heat.
Ariza has always had a reputation for being an above-average defender, as well as a strong finisher in transition. Although his 3-point shooting accuracy has fluctuated over the years, he’s also considered a reliable spot-up shooter.
The NBA trade deadline is on March 25.