- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
- Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
- Bam Adebayo makes it clear that he wants to become 2-time All-Star this season
- Udonis Haslem fires scathing NSFW shots at Colin Cowherd after he disrespects Miami Heat
- Miami Heat members gush over Bam Adebayo’s leadership this season: ‘You definitely hear his voice now’
Report: Miami Heat are ‘definite dark horse’ to land Andre Drummond
- Updated: February 17, 2021
The Miami Heat are reportedly a dark horse candidate to land Cleveland Cavaliers disgruntled star Andre Drummond.
“One league source also told FortyEightMinutes that the Miami Heat are a ‘definite darkhorse’ in the Drummond sweepstakes,” wrote Sam Amico of FortyEightMinutes.com. “They have the salaries to make a deal work and would pursue Drummond in the event of a buyout, the source said.”
Drummond, 27, is sitting out until the Cavs can find a way to reroute the big man. The Toronto Raptors are reportedly in the mix to trade for Drummond.
However, Drummond may have more suitors in the event of a buyout, which seems more realistic at the moment.
The Heat could certainly use the help. After going to the NBA Finals last season, the Heat have a disappointing 11-16 record this season.
Drummond is averaging 17.5 points and 13.5 boards per contest this season.