- Video: Bam Adebayo pissed at Dwyane Wade for taking forever to respond to texts
- Dwyane Wade: ‘If you don’t like D. Rose, something is wrong with you’
- Miami Heat release crucial injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Boston Celtics
- Victor Oladipo issues emphatic 1-word response to Russell Westbrook becoming all-time triple-double leader
- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
Report: Miami Heat are ‘definite dark horse’ to land Andre Drummond
- Updated: February 17, 2021
The Miami Heat are reportedly a dark horse candidate to land Cleveland Cavaliers disgruntled star Andre Drummond.
“One league source also told FortyEightMinutes that the Miami Heat are a ‘definite darkhorse’ in the Drummond sweepstakes,” wrote Sam Amico of FortyEightMinutes.com. “They have the salaries to make a deal work and would pursue Drummond in the event of a buyout, the source said.”
Drummond, 27, is sitting out until the Cavs can find a way to reroute the big man. The Toronto Raptors are reportedly in the mix to trade for Drummond.
However, Drummond may have more suitors in the event of a buyout, which seems more realistic at the moment.
The Heat could certainly use the help. After going to the NBA Finals last season, the Heat have a disappointing 11-16 record this season.
Drummond is averaging 17.5 points and 13.5 boards per contest this season.