- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Report: Heat and Warriors Only ‘Real Players’ in Kevin Durant Sweepstakes
- Updated: June 26, 2016
On the condition of anonymity, The Oklahoman spoke to other NBA agents around the league about the free-agency bonanza set to unfold in five days. Specifically, when they talked about Durant there was one agent who thought the superstar had probably already made up his mind.
“He knows his plan before this process happens,” one agent said. “It’s more formality than anything else.”
The second agent in the report remarked that any team that could pry him away from Oklahoma City would have to “be a good team, in a better market with a better chance to win than OKC.”
“So Golden State and Miami become the only real players,” the agent said. “It’s too hard to justify a move to Los Angeles (Lakers) or New York because they are not close to winning. Houston’s out.”
Last week, Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical reported that Durant’s representation was working to have meetings set up in New York with the Boston Celtics, Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Clippers, San Antonio Spurs, Oklahoma City Thunder, and Heat.
Heat fans know that all it could take is one meeting with Pat Riley, but we will have to wait and see until the clock hits July 1st.