- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
Report: Heat and Warriors Only ‘Real Players’ in Kevin Durant Sweepstakes
- Updated: June 26, 2016
On the condition of anonymity, The Oklahoman spoke to other NBA agents around the league about the free-agency bonanza set to unfold in five days. Specifically, when they talked about Durant there was one agent who thought the superstar had probably already made up his mind.
“He knows his plan before this process happens,” one agent said. “It’s more formality than anything else.”
The second agent in the report remarked that any team that could pry him away from Oklahoma City would have to “be a good team, in a better market with a better chance to win than OKC.”
“So Golden State and Miami become the only real players,” the agent said. “It’s too hard to justify a move to Los Angeles (Lakers) or New York because they are not close to winning. Houston’s out.”
Last week, Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical reported that Durant’s representation was working to have meetings set up in New York with the Boston Celtics, Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Clippers, San Antonio Spurs, Oklahoma City Thunder, and Heat.
Heat fans know that all it could take is one meeting with Pat Riley, but we will have to wait and see until the clock hits July 1st.