- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
Report: Heat and Warriors Only ‘Real Players’ in Kevin Durant Sweepstakes
- Updated: June 26, 2016
On the condition of anonymity, The Oklahoman spoke to other NBA agents around the league about the free-agency bonanza set to unfold in five days. Specifically, when they talked about Durant there was one agent who thought the superstar had probably already made up his mind.
“He knows his plan before this process happens,” one agent said. “It’s more formality than anything else.”
The second agent in the report remarked that any team that could pry him away from Oklahoma City would have to “be a good team, in a better market with a better chance to win than OKC.”
“So Golden State and Miami become the only real players,” the agent said. “It’s too hard to justify a move to Los Angeles (Lakers) or New York because they are not close to winning. Houston’s out.”
Last week, Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical reported that Durant’s representation was working to have meetings set up in New York with the Boston Celtics, Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Clippers, San Antonio Spurs, Oklahoma City Thunder, and Heat.
Heat fans know that all it could take is one meeting with Pat Riley, but we will have to wait and see until the clock hits July 1st.