- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
Report: Juwan Howard Expected to be Named Michigan Head Coach
- Updated: May 21, 2019
Howard played for Michigan from 1991 to 1994 and was part of the team’s “Fab Five,” which included Jalen Rose, Chris Webber, Ray Jackson and Jimmy King. During his time at Michigan, Howard averaged 15.3 points, 7.5 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game.
The 46-year-old played 19 seasons in the NBA and spent the last three seasons of his career with the Heat before retiring and becoming an assistant coach for the Heat, a position he has held since 2013. For his career, Howard averaged 13.4 points, 6.1 rebounds, and 2.2 assists per game.
Howard has been interviewed multiple times for NBA head coaching positions in the past, with the Los Angeles Lakers this offseason and the Detroit Pistons last offseason, but was never hired.
Many had been campaigning for Howard to receive the position, including Rose, and it seems like their message finally got to the right people.