- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
- James Harden salutes Dwyane Wade for inspiring message of support after Nets debut
- Bam Adebayo calls out teammates for not living up to Miami Heat culture after blowout loss
- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
Report: Houston Rockets Interested in Signing Former Miami Heat Success Story
- Updated: June 21, 2020
“The Rockets in preparation for next month’s restart of the NBA season are looking at several options for a roster move including signing free agent guard Tyler Johnson, a person with knowledge of the team’s thinking said Friday,” wrote Feigen.
Johnson, who was with the Heat from 2014 to 2019, has been without a team since February, when he was released by the Phoenix Suns.
The 28-year-old was one of the Heat’s G League-to-NBA success stories. During his time in Miami, Johnson became a solid role player, averaging 11.0 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game.
After the 2015-16 season, when he averaged 8.7 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game, Johnson signed an offer sheet with the Brooklyn Nets. As Johnson was a restricted free agent at the time, the Heat decided to match the deal, which was for four years and $50 million.
It will be interesting to see if the Rockets do end up deciding to sign Johnson, as well as what type of role he would have with the team.