- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
- Video: Charles Barkley goes off on Shaquille O’Neal for comparing Goran Dragic to Chris Paul
- C.J. McCollum clowns haters who have called Jimmy Butler a ‘bad teammate’
- Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic sends personal tribute to Tyler Herro after historic performance
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro now has top-selling jersey in NBA after Game 4 for the ages
- Stephen A. Smith makes bold statement about potential Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
Report: Houston Rockets Interested in Signing Former Miami Heat Success Story
- Updated: June 21, 2020
“The Rockets in preparation for next month’s restart of the NBA season are looking at several options for a roster move including signing free agent guard Tyler Johnson, a person with knowledge of the team’s thinking said Friday,” wrote Feigen.
Johnson, who was with the Heat from 2014 to 2019, has been without a team since February, when he was released by the Phoenix Suns.
The 28-year-old was one of the Heat’s G League-to-NBA success stories. During his time in Miami, Johnson became a solid role player, averaging 11.0 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game.
After the 2015-16 season, when he averaged 8.7 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game, Johnson signed an offer sheet with the Brooklyn Nets. As Johnson was a restricted free agent at the time, the Heat decided to match the deal, which was for four years and $50 million.
It will be interesting to see if the Rockets do end up deciding to sign Johnson, as well as what type of role he would have with the team.