- Report: Goran Dragic’s Groin Injury Could ‘Open Door’ for Dion Waiters
- Jimmy Butler and Erik Spoelstra Praise Justise Winslow’s Clutch Effort in Sunday’s Win
- Justise Winslow Expresses Gratitude Despite Coming Off Bench for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat Saving Cap Space for Giannis Antetokounmpo and Victor Oladipo
- Erik Spoelstra Lauds Jimmy Butler’s Ability to Close in Crunch Time
- Report: Derrick Jones Jr. Likely to Return for Sunday’s Matchup vs. Brooklyn Nets
- Dion Waiters Issues Formal Apology to Miami Heat Upon Return From Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Give Optimistic Update Regarding Dion Waiters
- Steve Kerr Offers Glowing Praise for Miami Heat Franchise
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Plan’ to Bring Back Dion Waiters
Report: Goran Dragic’s Groin Injury Could ‘Open Door’ for Dion Waiters
- Updated: December 2, 2019
Per one Heat insider, Dragic’s absence could open the door for Dion Waiters’ season debut.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) December 2, 2019
Waiters has now served his 10-game suspension after he overdosed on THC-gummies several weeks ago. Just a few days ago, he apologized to the team for his behavior.
Now back with the team, Waiters is currently traveling with the team during its current road trip.
Dragic’s absence could pose a perfect opportunity for Waiters. Though Dragic is coming off the bench this season, he is currently the Heat’s third-leading scorer.
He led the Heat in their win over the Brooklyn Nets on Sunday with 24 points. If Waiters does check into Tuesday’s game, he would certainly be expected to offer some scoring off the bench.