- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Report: Dwyane Wade Open to Returning to Miami at Some Point in Career
- Updated: May 11, 2017
Despite having left in free agency last year for the Chicago Bulls, former Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade isn’t completely ruling out the idea that he’ll one day return to the franchise where he spent the first 13 seasons of his eventual Hall of Fame career.
Even though criticism by Wade about the fact that Heat team president Pat Riley didn’t contact him during last year’s negotiations was noted earlier this year, Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald offered this point:
“Wade has never bashed the Heat publicly and is open to considering a return at some point in his career, according to an associate.”
The makeup of Wade’s contract could conceivably bring him back to Miami for next season, given the fact that his two-year deal has an opt-out clause. However, such a move isn’t expected, considering the fact that Wade is scheduled to make $23.8 million playing for the Bulls next season, an amount that the Heat seem unlikely to match or top.
However, in the summer of 2018, Wade again would be an unrestricted free agent at the age of 36. This past season for the Bulls, he saw action in 60 regular season games, averaging 18.3 points, 4.5 rebounds and 3.8 assists per game. In their six postseason clashes, Wade averaged 17.1 points, 5.7 rebounds and 4.5 assists as the Bulls lost in six games to the Boston Celtics.