- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
Report: Boston Celtics Expected to Inquire About Miami Heat’s Rodney McGruder
- Updated: January 23, 2019
According to a report by Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, the Boston Celtics are expected to inquire about the third-year player:
“But beyond the obvious trade candidates ([Dion] Waiters, Tyler Johnson, [Hassan] Whiteside, Wayne Ellington), one league official said don’t discount McGruder, who has a bargain $1.5 million contract that’s set to expire.
“That official said he would expect an inquiry by a contender such as Boston that’s in need of a glue-type role player like McGruder. The Heat is over the projected $132 million luxury tax threshold for next season, and re-signing McGruder would raise that tax bill.”
While McGruder likely would not earn the Heat much of a haul in terms of value, it would help the organization from a rotational and financial standpoint, according to Jackson:
“Though the Heat would get little back in return for McGruder (perhaps a conditional second-round pick), dealing him would lessen the rotation logjam and reduce the Heat’s $9.7 million tax bill.”
McGruder isn’t the only Heat player who is thought to be on the trade block at the moment, but it is unclear how many moves the Heat will actually make before the deadline.
At the moment, all reports regarding potential moves should be considered a little more than conjecture. Still, it is clear that McGruder is one player to keep an eye on as the deadline nears.