- Report: Miami Heat worked out PAC-12 Freshman of the Year on Sunday
- Orlando Magic star takes jab at Miami Heat’s Pat Riley after ‘asterisk’ comments
- Video: Diehard Miami Heat fan gets team logo tattooed onto his head
- Tyler Herro shows off several new tattoos while on vacation with girlfriend Katya Elise Henry
- Pat Riley explains what he actually meant by saying 2020 title will always have ‘asterisk’
- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
Report: Pat Riley ‘Wanted and Wants’ to Be With Miami Heat Inside NBA Bubble
- Updated: July 9, 2020
However, according to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel, Riley wants to be with the Heat inside the bubble.
“What I do know is that Riley wanted and wants to be with his team, and this was not a decision easily made,” Winderman wrote. “That also holds true for several others who did not travel in the NBA-limited traveling party. You can rest assured that any front-office decisions made by Adam Simon inside the NBA’s campus-like setting will come in consultation with Riley, Elisburg and the rest of the front office.”
Riley, 75, is in a vulnerable age range when it comes to the dangers of the novel coronavirus.
The NBA suspended the 2019-20 season in March after Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert contracted the virus. Since then, several other players, including a few Heat members, have also tested positive for the virus.
As a matter of fact, the Heat recently closed their practice facility after someone within the organization tested positive.
While Riley will not be able to be in physical contact with players, he is allowed to watch games from a distance.
Riley is a big reason why the Heat have a competitive squad. After all, he constructed the current roster by conducting trades and making pivotal signings.
The Heat are the No. 4 seed in the Eastern Conference. They have aspirations to win a championship when the season resumes on July 30.