- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Report: Pat Riley ‘Wanted and Wants’ to Be With Miami Heat Inside NBA Bubble
- Updated: July 9, 2020
However, according to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel, Riley wants to be with the Heat inside the bubble.
“What I do know is that Riley wanted and wants to be with his team, and this was not a decision easily made,” Winderman wrote. “That also holds true for several others who did not travel in the NBA-limited traveling party. You can rest assured that any front-office decisions made by Adam Simon inside the NBA’s campus-like setting will come in consultation with Riley, Elisburg and the rest of the front office.”
Riley, 75, is in a vulnerable age range when it comes to the dangers of the novel coronavirus.
The NBA suspended the 2019-20 season in March after Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert contracted the virus. Since then, several other players, including a few Heat members, have also tested positive for the virus.
As a matter of fact, the Heat recently closed their practice facility after someone within the organization tested positive.
While Riley will not be able to be in physical contact with players, he is allowed to watch games from a distance.
Riley is a big reason why the Heat have a competitive squad. After all, he constructed the current roster by conducting trades and making pivotal signings.
The Heat are the No. 4 seed in the Eastern Conference. They have aspirations to win a championship when the season resumes on July 30.