- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
Report: Pat Riley ‘Wanted and Wants’ to Be With Miami Heat Inside NBA Bubble
- Updated: July 9, 2020
However, according to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel, Riley wants to be with the Heat inside the bubble.
“What I do know is that Riley wanted and wants to be with his team, and this was not a decision easily made,” Winderman wrote. “That also holds true for several others who did not travel in the NBA-limited traveling party. You can rest assured that any front-office decisions made by Adam Simon inside the NBA’s campus-like setting will come in consultation with Riley, Elisburg and the rest of the front office.”
Riley, 75, is in a vulnerable age range when it comes to the dangers of the novel coronavirus.
The NBA suspended the 2019-20 season in March after Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert contracted the virus. Since then, several other players, including a few Heat members, have also tested positive for the virus.
As a matter of fact, the Heat recently closed their practice facility after someone within the organization tested positive.
While Riley will not be able to be in physical contact with players, he is allowed to watch games from a distance.
Riley is a big reason why the Heat have a competitive squad. After all, he constructed the current roster by conducting trades and making pivotal signings.
The Heat are the No. 4 seed in the Eastern Conference. They have aspirations to win a championship when the season resumes on July 30.