- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat earn huge shout-out from Magic Johnson for improved play amid 6-game winning streak
- Jackie MacMullan on Miami Heat potentially making a move: ‘Pat [Riley] will do something’
- Report: Miami Heat and New York Knicks have interest in Victor Oladipo
- Chicago Bulls insider labels Miami Heat as potential destination for Thaddeus Young
Report: Miami Heat could target De’Aaron Fox if they don’t land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Updated: November 18, 2020
According to the Miami Herald‘s Barry Jackson, Miami still has a real shot of adding a star such as the Sacramento Kings’ De’Aaron Fox after the upcoming NBA season ends.
Even if Giannis doesn't end up in Miami, odds strong that another really good player joins Heat by start of 2021-22. Even more convinced of that after talking to people this week… Kings' Fox could become possibility after this Haliburton pick
— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) November 19, 2020
Fox, a 6-foot-3 point guard, would be an outstanding addition for the Heat. He’s one of the league’s best young players at his position and is already a borderline All-Star level player.
Fox is a legitimate scoring threat and can pile up assists by hitting the open man, both in transition and in the open court.
Moving forward, the point guard spot may be the Heat’s biggest need. Incumbent starter Goran Dragic is a free agent, and at age 34, he’s coming off a plantar fascia injury he sustained in the NBA Finals.