- Isaiah Thomas says he’s ready to sign with Miami Heat if ‘they wit it’
- Udonis Haslem offers NSFW response to haters saying Heat’s bubble run was a ‘fluke’
- Report: Precious Achiuwa’s rookie deal with Miami Heat worth $12.5 million
- Report: Bam Adebayo’s extension doesn’t close the door on Miami Heat landing Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Avery Bradley reveals why he’s a ‘perfect fit’ for the Miami Heat
- Report: People around the league consider the Miami Heat making it to the NBA Finals a ‘fluke’
- Video: 2-time All-Star free agent seen working out in Miami Heat shorts
- Bam Adebayo comments on Giannis Antetokounmpo’s uncertain future
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Bam Adebayo’s massive contract extension
- Moe Harkless reveals most important factor that led him to sign with Miami Heat
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Were Close to ‘Significant Trade’ With Utah Jazz
- Updated: February 7, 2019
The Miami Heat had a relatively silent trade deadline.
But according to reports, the Heat were very close to swinging a much bigger deal, which would have involved the Utah Jazz.
Heat got close to one w/ Utah. Would have been significant.
Didn’t even get all the way out of the tax though. Kept THIS together. Ugh
Only positive is some of the backcourt logjam has been cleared.
Considering all the trades league wide, it’s disappointing.
— Greg L. Sylvander (@Lefty_Leif) February 7, 2019
While that tweet doesn’t specificy what significant trade nearly went down, the same reporter had mentioned discussions between the Heat and Jazz that were centered around swapping Goran Dragic and Ricky Rubio. But ultimately, nothing happened on that front and both teams hung on to their starting point guards.
The trade deadline ended up featuring a lot of interesting and exciting transactions across the league, but it was relatively quiet for Miami. Heat fans wanting to see this 25-27 team make notable changes will have to wait until the offseason.
For now, the team will proceed with a roster that’s very similar to the one that started the season, and hope they can stay in the playoff picture.