- Jimmy Butler offers surprising reaction to not being selected to this year’s All-Star team
- Report: Miami Heat ‘well positioned’ to sign John Collins this offseason
- Report: Miami Heat among ‘potential trade destinations’ for Kyle Lowry
- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
- Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Were Close to ‘Significant Trade’ With Utah Jazz
- Updated: February 7, 2019
The Miami Heat had a relatively silent trade deadline.
But according to reports, the Heat were very close to swinging a much bigger deal, which would have involved the Utah Jazz.
Heat got close to one w/ Utah. Would have been significant.
Didn’t even get all the way out of the tax though. Kept THIS together. Ugh
Only positive is some of the backcourt logjam has been cleared.
Considering all the trades league wide, it’s disappointing.
— Greg L. Sylvander (@Lefty_Leif) February 7, 2019
While that tweet doesn’t specificy what significant trade nearly went down, the same reporter had mentioned discussions between the Heat and Jazz that were centered around swapping Goran Dragic and Ricky Rubio. But ultimately, nothing happened on that front and both teams hung on to their starting point guards.
The trade deadline ended up featuring a lot of interesting and exciting transactions across the league, but it was relatively quiet for Miami. Heat fans wanting to see this 25-27 team make notable changes will have to wait until the offseason.
For now, the team will proceed with a roster that’s very similar to the one that started the season, and hope they can stay in the playoff picture.