- Dion Waiters Posts Incredible Fitness Update, Sends Message to His Haters
- Report: Miami Heat Want Both of Their 1st-Round Picks Back in Any Chris Paul Deal
- Jimmy Butler Rated 16th Best Player as NBA 2K20 Ratings Get Released
- Miami Heat News: Kendrick Nunn Named to 2019 Summer League First Team
- Dwyane Wade Agrees With Compelling Reason Why Lakers Should Bring Back Blue Throwback Jerseys
- Report: It’s ‘Very Likely’ That Duncan Robinson Will Make Miami Heat’s Roster
- Report: Bradley Beal Not Likely to Remain on ‘Washington Wizards’
- Former Miami Heat Broadcaster Takes Several Shots at Dan Dakich for His Awful Take on Erik Spoelstra
- Erik Spoelstra Gets Disrespected Live on Air During NBA Summer League Broadcast
- Report: OKC Thunder Have Offered ‘Nothing Enticing’ to Interest Miami Heat in Chris Paul Talks
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Were Close to ‘Significant Trade’ With Utah Jazz
- Updated: February 7, 2019
The Miami Heat had a relatively silent trade deadline.
But according to reports, the Heat were very close to swinging a much bigger deal, which would have involved the Utah Jazz.
Heat got close to one w/ Utah. Would have been significant.
Didn’t even get all the way out of the tax though. Kept THIS together. Ugh
Only positive is some of the backcourt logjam has been cleared.
Considering all the trades league wide, it’s disappointing.
— Greg L. Sylvander (@Lefty_Leif) February 7, 2019
While that tweet doesn’t specificy what significant trade nearly went down, the same reporter had mentioned discussions between the Heat and Jazz that were centered around swapping Goran Dragic and Ricky Rubio. But ultimately, nothing happened on that front and both teams hung on to their starting point guards.
The trade deadline ended up featuring a lot of interesting and exciting transactions across the league, but it was relatively quiet for Miami. Heat fans wanting to see this 25-27 team make notable changes will have to wait until the offseason.
For now, the team will proceed with a roster that’s very similar to the one that started the season, and hope they can stay in the playoff picture.