- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
- Caron Butler Says LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Mocking Dirk Nowitzki Lost Them 2011 Finals
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Were Close to ‘Significant Trade’ With Utah Jazz
- Updated: February 7, 2019
The Miami Heat had a relatively silent trade deadline.
But according to reports, the Heat were very close to swinging a much bigger deal, which would have involved the Utah Jazz.
Heat got close to one w/ Utah. Would have been significant.
Didn’t even get all the way out of the tax though. Kept THIS together. Ugh
Only positive is some of the backcourt logjam has been cleared.
Considering all the trades league wide, it’s disappointing.
— Greg L. Sylvander (@Lefty_Leif) February 7, 2019
While that tweet doesn’t specificy what significant trade nearly went down, the same reporter had mentioned discussions between the Heat and Jazz that were centered around swapping Goran Dragic and Ricky Rubio. But ultimately, nothing happened on that front and both teams hung on to their starting point guards.
The trade deadline ended up featuring a lot of interesting and exciting transactions across the league, but it was relatively quiet for Miami. Heat fans wanting to see this 25-27 team make notable changes will have to wait until the offseason.
For now, the team will proceed with a roster that’s very similar to the one that started the season, and hope they can stay in the playoff picture.