- Jimmy Butler Fully Expects Miami Heat to Get Another Big-Name Player: ‘It’s Gonna Happen’
- Dwyane Wade Responds to Damian Lillard’s Clutch Performance With Warning to Haters
- Report: Miami Heat List Numerous Key Players on Injury Report vs. Indiana Pacers
- David Fizdale Reveals What Dwyane Wade Told LeBron James After Losing 2011 Finals
- Indiana Pacers Star Offers Bold Message About Beating Miami Heat in Upcoming Playoff Series
- Duncan Robinson Pays Tribute to ‘Real One’ Jimmy Butler for Truck-Sticking Chris Paul
- Jimmy Butler on Tyler Herro: ‘He Wants to Bring a Championship to Miami’
- Jimmy Butler Explains Why He Truck Sticked Chris Paul During Heat-Thunder Game
- Report: Indiana Pacers Forward T.J. Warren Dealing With Significant Injury
- Chris Bosh Reacts to Historic News of Joe Biden Selecting Kamala Harris as Running Mate
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Were Close to ‘Significant Trade’ With Utah Jazz
- Updated: February 7, 2019
The Miami Heat had a relatively silent trade deadline.
But according to reports, the Heat were very close to swinging a much bigger deal, which would have involved the Utah Jazz.
Heat got close to one w/ Utah. Would have been significant.
Didn’t even get all the way out of the tax though. Kept THIS together. Ugh
Only positive is some of the backcourt logjam has been cleared.
Considering all the trades league wide, it’s disappointing.
— Greg L. Sylvander (@Lefty_Leif) February 7, 2019
While that tweet doesn’t specificy what significant trade nearly went down, the same reporter had mentioned discussions between the Heat and Jazz that were centered around swapping Goran Dragic and Ricky Rubio. But ultimately, nothing happened on that front and both teams hung on to their starting point guards.
The trade deadline ended up featuring a lot of interesting and exciting transactions across the league, but it was relatively quiet for Miami. Heat fans wanting to see this 25-27 team make notable changes will have to wait until the offseason.
For now, the team will proceed with a roster that’s very similar to the one that started the season, and hope they can stay in the playoff picture.