- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
Report: Former Miami Heat Star Being Considered as Replacement for Team USA Squad
- Updated: July 22, 2019
Richardson is now a member of the Philadelphia 76ers, with one report indicating that he’s under consideration for a roster spot on Team USA’s FIBA World Cup squad.
While the American national team still has plenty of talent that’s expected to take part in the competition, Team USA has recently had some prominent guards make the decision to not play. Among the players in this group are James Harden, C.J. McCollum and Bradley Beal.
As far as his credentials, Richardson is coming off the best season yet of his four-year NBA career. Starting in all 73 of the regular season games he played for the Heat during the 2018-19 campaign, he averaged 16.6 points, 4.1 assists and 3.6 rebounds per game.
Those numbers are pretty impressive for a player who was chosen in the second round of the 2015 NBA Draft as the 40th player overall. They were also why the 76ers wanted him included in any deal for Butler.
The World Cup games begin on Aug. 31 and conclude on Sept. 15, with Team USA in search of its third consecutive gold medal. Those players who compete will have only a short period of time to rest until league training camps get underway.