- Miami Heat Coach Erik Spoelstra Takes Veiled Shot at Toronto Raptors
- Video: Goran Dragic Suffers Injury at End of Miami Heat-Boston Celtics Game
- Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler to Miss Matchup vs. Boston Celtics With New Injury
- Report: Pat Riley Had to Lend Erik Spoelstra Several Armani Suits When He Became Miami Heat Coach
- Erik Spoelstra Explains Why He’s Encouraging Jae Crowder to Shoot From Even ‘Deeper Range’
- Referee Admits to Huge Officiating Error in Miami Heat’s Loss to Toronto Raptors
- Video: Erik Spoelstra in Utter Disbelief as Fred VanVleet Makes Game-Saving Deflection
- Report: Miami Heat Provide Huge Update on Jimmy Butler’s Availability Monday vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro Seen Going at It in Shooting Competition During Miami Heat Practice
- Jae Crowder Indicates Jimmy Butler Missed Miami Heat Practice Because He’s in Quarantine
Report: Former Miami Heat Star Being Considered as Replacement for Team USA Squad
- Updated: July 22, 2019
Richardson is now a member of the Philadelphia 76ers, with one report indicating that he’s under consideration for a roster spot on Team USA’s FIBA World Cup squad.
While the American national team still has plenty of talent that’s expected to take part in the competition, Team USA has recently had some prominent guards make the decision to not play. Among the players in this group are James Harden, C.J. McCollum and Bradley Beal.
As far as his credentials, Richardson is coming off the best season yet of his four-year NBA career. Starting in all 73 of the regular season games he played for the Heat during the 2018-19 campaign, he averaged 16.6 points, 4.1 assists and 3.6 rebounds per game.
Those numbers are pretty impressive for a player who was chosen in the second round of the 2015 NBA Draft as the 40th player overall. They were also why the 76ers wanted him included in any deal for Butler.
The World Cup games begin on Aug. 31 and conclude on Sept. 15, with Team USA in search of its third consecutive gold medal. Those players who compete will have only a short period of time to rest until league training camps get underway.