- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Report: Former Miami Heat Star Being Considered as Replacement for Team USA Squad
- Updated: July 22, 2019
Richardson is now a member of the Philadelphia 76ers, with one report indicating that he’s under consideration for a roster spot on Team USA’s FIBA World Cup squad.
While the American national team still has plenty of talent that’s expected to take part in the competition, Team USA has recently had some prominent guards make the decision to not play. Among the players in this group are James Harden, C.J. McCollum and Bradley Beal.
As far as his credentials, Richardson is coming off the best season yet of his four-year NBA career. Starting in all 73 of the regular season games he played for the Heat during the 2018-19 campaign, he averaged 16.6 points, 4.1 assists and 3.6 rebounds per game.
Those numbers are pretty impressive for a player who was chosen in the second round of the 2015 NBA Draft as the 40th player overall. They were also why the 76ers wanted him included in any deal for Butler.
The World Cup games begin on Aug. 31 and conclude on Sept. 15, with Team USA in search of its third consecutive gold medal. Those players who compete will have only a short period of time to rest until league training camps get underway.