- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Report: Former Miami Heat Star Being Considered as Replacement for Team USA Squad
- Updated: July 22, 2019
Richardson is now a member of the Philadelphia 76ers, with one report indicating that he’s under consideration for a roster spot on Team USA’s FIBA World Cup squad.
While the American national team still has plenty of talent that’s expected to take part in the competition, Team USA has recently had some prominent guards make the decision to not play. Among the players in this group are James Harden, C.J. McCollum and Bradley Beal.
As far as his credentials, Richardson is coming off the best season yet of his four-year NBA career. Starting in all 73 of the regular season games he played for the Heat during the 2018-19 campaign, he averaged 16.6 points, 4.1 assists and 3.6 rebounds per game.
Those numbers are pretty impressive for a player who was chosen in the second round of the 2015 NBA Draft as the 40th player overall. They were also why the 76ers wanted him included in any deal for Butler.
The World Cup games begin on Aug. 31 and conclude on Sept. 15, with Team USA in search of its third consecutive gold medal. Those players who compete will have only a short period of time to rest until league training camps get underway.