- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
Miami Heat Rumors: Wayne Ellington Could Be Option for Philadelphia 76ers
- Updated: November 28, 2018
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) November 28, 2018
The likelihood of such a deal taking place has increased due to Kyle Korver, the 76ers’ primary trade option for a sharpshooter, being dealt to the Utah Jazz. A deal with Miami would be delayed, however, as Ellington can’t be dealt until Dec.15. He is also set to be a Bird Rights free agent next summer and his contract comes with a no-trade clause, requiring his permission for a move during the 2018-19 season.
A deal to the 76ers would benefit Ellington, immediately placing him on a team that’s a sure-fire lock for playoff contention.
If a trade were to occur, 76ers point guard Markelle Fultz being included in a package would entice both parties. Though it was portrayed by Chris Sheridan of Sheridan Hoops that Wayne Ellington would probably not be included in a deal for Fultz, the 76ers could always include minor assets such as second-round picks to make the deal acceptable for the Heat.
Miami will look to move on any practical deal that will return it a star, or at least a developing one. Yet, having to let go one of its coveted sharpshooters may make a trade a bit more complicated.