- Jayson Tatum lets people know Boston Celtics are still losing series to Miami Heat
- Boston Celtics forward gushes about ‘explosive’ and ‘super talented’ Bam Adebayo
- Miami Heat GM on What Stood Out About Bam Adebayo During Draft Workout That Was ‘Extraordinary’
- Duncan Robinson Heaps Massive Praise Upon Emergence of Tyler Herro in Playoffs
- Jae Crowder Hints at Critical Offensive Changes for Miami Heat Ahead of Game 4
- Meyers Leonard Finally Opens Up on Losing Spot in Miami Heat’s Playoff Rotation
- Dwyane Wade’s Emphatic Reaction to Anthony Davis’ Game-Winner vs. Denver Nuggets
- Jimmy Butler Sends Stern Challenge to Miami Heat Teammates After Game 3 Loss to Boston Celtics
- The Uplifting Advice Udonis Haslem Gave Miami Heat After Disappointing Game 3
- Miami Heat’s Erik Spoelstra on Why Jimmy Butler Wasn’t in at End of 4th Quarter of Game 3
Miami Heat Rumors: Wayne Ellington Could Be Option for Philadelphia 76ers
- Updated: November 28, 2018
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) November 28, 2018
The likelihood of such a deal taking place has increased due to Kyle Korver, the 76ers’ primary trade option for a sharpshooter, being dealt to the Utah Jazz. A deal with Miami would be delayed, however, as Ellington can’t be dealt until Dec.15. He is also set to be a Bird Rights free agent next summer and his contract comes with a no-trade clause, requiring his permission for a move during the 2018-19 season.
A deal to the 76ers would benefit Ellington, immediately placing him on a team that’s a sure-fire lock for playoff contention.
If a trade were to occur, 76ers point guard Markelle Fultz being included in a package would entice both parties. Though it was portrayed by Chris Sheridan of Sheridan Hoops that Wayne Ellington would probably not be included in a deal for Fultz, the 76ers could always include minor assets such as second-round picks to make the deal acceptable for the Heat.
Miami will look to move on any practical deal that will return it a star, or at least a developing one. Yet, having to let go one of its coveted sharpshooters may make a trade a bit more complicated.