- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Miami Heat Rumors: Wayne Ellington Could Be Option for Philadelphia 76ers
- Updated: November 28, 2018
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) November 28, 2018
The likelihood of such a deal taking place has increased due to Kyle Korver, the 76ers’ primary trade option for a sharpshooter, being dealt to the Utah Jazz. A deal with Miami would be delayed, however, as Ellington can’t be dealt until Dec.15. He is also set to be a Bird Rights free agent next summer and his contract comes with a no-trade clause, requiring his permission for a move during the 2018-19 season.
A deal to the 76ers would benefit Ellington, immediately placing him on a team that’s a sure-fire lock for playoff contention.
If a trade were to occur, 76ers point guard Markelle Fultz being included in a package would entice both parties. Though it was portrayed by Chris Sheridan of Sheridan Hoops that Wayne Ellington would probably not be included in a deal for Fultz, the 76ers could always include minor assets such as second-round picks to make the deal acceptable for the Heat.
Miami will look to move on any practical deal that will return it a star, or at least a developing one. Yet, having to let go one of its coveted sharpshooters may make a trade a bit more complicated.