- Miami Heat release first half of 2020-21 NBA schedule
- Bam Adebayo bestows ultimate praise on Precious Achiuwa while comparing rookie to himself
- Bam Adebayo says he wants to be remembered as top 5 big man of all time
- Erik Spoelstra challenges Bam Adebayo to win Defensive Player of the Year award
- Report: Heat players have ‘chip’ on their shoulders due to ‘fluke’ label on recent run to finals
- Here’s the ridiculous amount of money Duncan Robinson could make next summer
- Tyler Herro on how he became friends with Jack Harlow: ‘Honestly, just both being white’
- Miami Heat point guard Goran Dragic gives promising update on latest foot injury
- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
Miami Heat Rumors: Wayne Ellington Could Be Option for Philadelphia 76ers
- Updated: November 28, 2018
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) November 28, 2018
The likelihood of such a deal taking place has increased due to Kyle Korver, the 76ers’ primary trade option for a sharpshooter, being dealt to the Utah Jazz. A deal with Miami would be delayed, however, as Ellington can’t be dealt until Dec.15. He is also set to be a Bird Rights free agent next summer and his contract comes with a no-trade clause, requiring his permission for a move during the 2018-19 season.
A deal to the 76ers would benefit Ellington, immediately placing him on a team that’s a sure-fire lock for playoff contention.
If a trade were to occur, 76ers point guard Markelle Fultz being included in a package would entice both parties. Though it was portrayed by Chris Sheridan of Sheridan Hoops that Wayne Ellington would probably not be included in a deal for Fultz, the 76ers could always include minor assets such as second-round picks to make the deal acceptable for the Heat.
Miami will look to move on any practical deal that will return it a star, or at least a developing one. Yet, having to let go one of its coveted sharpshooters may make a trade a bit more complicated.