- Miami Heat release first half of 2020-21 NBA schedule
- Bam Adebayo bestows ultimate praise on Precious Achiuwa while comparing rookie to himself
- Bam Adebayo says he wants to be remembered as top 5 big man of all time
- Erik Spoelstra challenges Bam Adebayo to win Defensive Player of the Year award
- Report: Heat players have ‘chip’ on their shoulders due to ‘fluke’ label on recent run to finals
- Here’s the ridiculous amount of money Duncan Robinson could make next summer
- Tyler Herro on how he became friends with Jack Harlow: ‘Honestly, just both being white’
- Miami Heat point guard Goran Dragic gives promising update on latest foot injury
- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
Miami Heat Rumors: Tyler Johnson To Have Guarantee Picked Up, While Heat Still Mull On James Ennis
- Updated: July 27, 2015
Ira Winderman of The Sun Sentinel reports that Johnson will have his 50-percent contract guarantee picked up by the Saturday deadline and that the Heat are still mulling Ennis.
Have been told that Tyler Johnson will have his 50-percent contract guarantee picked up by Saturday deadline. Heat mulling Ennis.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) July 27, 2015
After the Heat completed trades involving guards Shabazz Napier and Zoran Dragic on Monday afternoon, it became clear that Miami would have an open roster spot for the second-year Johnson for the upcoming season.
The 6’4″ guard didn’t make the active roster out of training camp last season, but was eventually called up to the main roster in January. He averaged 5.9 points and 2.5 assists in 32 games and two starts.
In the case of Ennis, things remain less clear.
However, they could very likely cut Ennis before his contract becomes fully guaranteed on August 1st. There have been rumors that former Heat swingman Mike Miller is interested in a return to the franchise where he won two championships.
In his rookie season, the 25-year-old Ennis averaged five points on 40.9 percent from the field in 62 appearances. He struggled to make a big impact despite being healthy for the majority of the season.
The Heat’s roster situation should become a lot clearer in the coming days as the August 1st deadline for guaranteed contracts approaches.