- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
Miami Heat News: Heat Waive Forward Henry Walker
- Updated: July 27, 2015
The Miami Heat fire sale has continued deep into Monday afternoon.
Walker had been with the team since being signed from the D-League on February 21. In 24 appearances and 13 starts, the 27-year-old veteran averaged 7.3 points, 3.4 rebounds and one steal per game. However, he did struggle from the field as he shot just 34.5 percent overall.
With the Heat loaded at the forward positions considering Chris Bosh, Josh McRoberts, Luol Deng, James Ennis, Justise Winslow, Udonis Haslem and Chris Andersen are all on the roster, Walker became expendable.
The 6’6″ forward had a Saturday deadline for a $100,000 guarantee of his $1.1 million salary for 2015-16. He now becomes available for any team to claim at that price, otherwise he becomes a free agent.
If Walker clears waivers, the Heat can bring him back on a non-guaranteed contract for training camp.
In the past several hours alone, Miami has officially parted ways with Shabazz Napier, Dragic and now Walker.