- Tyler Herro ranks above LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry and Kawhi Leonard after Game 4
- Report: Boston Celtics front office let out ‘collective moan’ when Miami Heat drafted Tyler Herro
- Bam Adebayo explains huge role he played in convincing Miami Heat to draft Tyler Herro
- NBA Twitter erupts after Tyler Herro’s monster Game 4 performance vs. Boston Celtics
- Bam Adebayo shares update on wrist injury suffered in Game 4, gives status for Game 5
- Tyler Herro has incredible message for Jimmy Butler as Miami Heat prepare to advance to NBA Finals
- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade responds to possibility of taking over for Pat Riley
- Miami Heat vs. Boston Celtics Game 4 live stream: Watch NBA playoffs online and on TV
- Dwyane Wade explains why Miami Heat rookie Tyler Herro has that ‘it’ factor
- Udonis Haslem unveils fascinating story, credits Jae Crowder’s father for his NBA career
Miami Heat News: Heat Waive Forward Henry Walker
- Updated: July 27, 2015
The Miami Heat fire sale has continued deep into Monday afternoon.
Walker had been with the team since being signed from the D-League on February 21. In 24 appearances and 13 starts, the 27-year-old veteran averaged 7.3 points, 3.4 rebounds and one steal per game. However, he did struggle from the field as he shot just 34.5 percent overall.
With the Heat loaded at the forward positions considering Chris Bosh, Josh McRoberts, Luol Deng, James Ennis, Justise Winslow, Udonis Haslem and Chris Andersen are all on the roster, Walker became expendable.
The 6’6″ forward had a Saturday deadline for a $100,000 guarantee of his $1.1 million salary for 2015-16. He now becomes available for any team to claim at that price, otherwise he becomes a free agent.
If Walker clears waivers, the Heat can bring him back on a non-guaranteed contract for training camp.
In the past several hours alone, Miami has officially parted ways with Shabazz Napier, Dragic and now Walker.