- Jimmy Butler offers surprising reaction to not being selected to this year’s All-Star team
- Report: Miami Heat ‘well positioned’ to sign John Collins this offseason
- Report: Miami Heat among ‘potential trade destinations’ for Kyle Lowry
- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
- Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
Miami Heat News: Heat Waive Forward Henry Walker
- Updated: July 27, 2015
The Miami Heat fire sale has continued deep into Monday afternoon.
Walker had been with the team since being signed from the D-League on February 21. In 24 appearances and 13 starts, the 27-year-old veteran averaged 7.3 points, 3.4 rebounds and one steal per game. However, he did struggle from the field as he shot just 34.5 percent overall.
With the Heat loaded at the forward positions considering Chris Bosh, Josh McRoberts, Luol Deng, James Ennis, Justise Winslow, Udonis Haslem and Chris Andersen are all on the roster, Walker became expendable.
The 6’6″ forward had a Saturday deadline for a $100,000 guarantee of his $1.1 million salary for 2015-16. He now becomes available for any team to claim at that price, otherwise he becomes a free agent.
If Walker clears waivers, the Heat can bring him back on a non-guaranteed contract for training camp.
In the past several hours alone, Miami has officially parted ways with Shabazz Napier, Dragic and now Walker.