- Video: Bam Adebayo pissed at Dwyane Wade for taking forever to respond to texts
- Dwyane Wade: ‘If you don’t like D. Rose, something is wrong with you’
- Miami Heat release crucial injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Boston Celtics
- Victor Oladipo issues emphatic 1-word response to Russell Westbrook becoming all-time triple-double leader
- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
Miami Heat News: Heat Waive Forward Henry Walker
- Updated: July 27, 2015
The Miami Heat fire sale has continued deep into Monday afternoon.
Walker had been with the team since being signed from the D-League on February 21. In 24 appearances and 13 starts, the 27-year-old veteran averaged 7.3 points, 3.4 rebounds and one steal per game. However, he did struggle from the field as he shot just 34.5 percent overall.
With the Heat loaded at the forward positions considering Chris Bosh, Josh McRoberts, Luol Deng, James Ennis, Justise Winslow, Udonis Haslem and Chris Andersen are all on the roster, Walker became expendable.
The 6’6″ forward had a Saturday deadline for a $100,000 guarantee of his $1.1 million salary for 2015-16. He now becomes available for any team to claim at that price, otherwise he becomes a free agent.
If Walker clears waivers, the Heat can bring him back on a non-guaranteed contract for training camp.
In the past several hours alone, Miami has officially parted ways with Shabazz Napier, Dragic and now Walker.