- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
Miami Heat Rumors: J.J. Barea Leaning Towards Deal with Heat
- Updated: July 1, 2015
The Miami Heat appear to be close to making their first addition of free agency.
NBA.com’s David Aldridge reports that free agent point guard J.J. Barea is leaning towards signing with the Heat.
Am told that Mavericks free agent guard J.J. Barea is leaning toward taking a deal with the Heat.
— David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) July 2, 2015
This is coming off of reports that the Heat were interested in the 31-year-old guard. The only way Miami can sign Barea is either by offering him the exception ($3.4 million) or giving him the veteran’s minimum.
The Heat’s interest in Barea is a bit surprising considering the team is already loaded on depth at the guard positions. Goran Dragic, Tyler Johnson, Mario Chalmers and Shabazz Napier are all currently on the roster. Dwyane Wade could very well likely be back, and 2015 second-round draft choice Josh Richardson will be given an opportunity to crack the roster.
What this more than likely means is that the Heat are seriously shopping around Chalmers. It had been reported about a week prior that ‘Rio was on the trading block in an effort to clear up cap space for re-signing Wade.
Regardless, it would appear the Heat and Barea have serious mutual interest in one another and that a signing seems imminent.