- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Miami Heat Rumors: J.J. Barea Leaning Towards Deal with Heat
- Updated: July 1, 2015
The Miami Heat appear to be close to making their first addition of free agency.
NBA.com’s David Aldridge reports that free agent point guard J.J. Barea is leaning towards signing with the Heat.
Am told that Mavericks free agent guard J.J. Barea is leaning toward taking a deal with the Heat.
— David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) July 2, 2015
This is coming off of reports that the Heat were interested in the 31-year-old guard. The only way Miami can sign Barea is either by offering him the exception ($3.4 million) or giving him the veteran’s minimum.
The Heat’s interest in Barea is a bit surprising considering the team is already loaded on depth at the guard positions. Goran Dragic, Tyler Johnson, Mario Chalmers and Shabazz Napier are all currently on the roster. Dwyane Wade could very well likely be back, and 2015 second-round draft choice Josh Richardson will be given an opportunity to crack the roster.
What this more than likely means is that the Heat are seriously shopping around Chalmers. It had been reported about a week prior that ‘Rio was on the trading block in an effort to clear up cap space for re-signing Wade.
Regardless, it would appear the Heat and Barea have serious mutual interest in one another and that a signing seems imminent.