- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Miami Heat Rumors: J.J. Barea Leaning Towards Deal with Heat
- Updated: July 1, 2015
The Miami Heat appear to be close to making their first addition of free agency.
NBA.com’s David Aldridge reports that free agent point guard J.J. Barea is leaning towards signing with the Heat.
Am told that Mavericks free agent guard J.J. Barea is leaning toward taking a deal with the Heat.
— David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) July 2, 2015
This is coming off of reports that the Heat were interested in the 31-year-old guard. The only way Miami can sign Barea is either by offering him the exception ($3.4 million) or giving him the veteran’s minimum.
The Heat’s interest in Barea is a bit surprising considering the team is already loaded on depth at the guard positions. Goran Dragic, Tyler Johnson, Mario Chalmers and Shabazz Napier are all currently on the roster. Dwyane Wade could very well likely be back, and 2015 second-round draft choice Josh Richardson will be given an opportunity to crack the roster.
What this more than likely means is that the Heat are seriously shopping around Chalmers. It had been reported about a week prior that ‘Rio was on the trading block in an effort to clear up cap space for re-signing Wade.
Regardless, it would appear the Heat and Barea have serious mutual interest in one another and that a signing seems imminent.