- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
Miami Heat Rumors: J.J. Barea Leaning Towards Deal with Heat
- Updated: July 1, 2015
The Miami Heat appear to be close to making their first addition of free agency.
NBA.com’s David Aldridge reports that free agent point guard J.J. Barea is leaning towards signing with the Heat.
Am told that Mavericks free agent guard J.J. Barea is leaning toward taking a deal with the Heat.
— David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) July 2, 2015
This is coming off of reports that the Heat were interested in the 31-year-old guard. The only way Miami can sign Barea is either by offering him the exception ($3.4 million) or giving him the veteran’s minimum.
The Heat’s interest in Barea is a bit surprising considering the team is already loaded on depth at the guard positions. Goran Dragic, Tyler Johnson, Mario Chalmers and Shabazz Napier are all currently on the roster. Dwyane Wade could very well likely be back, and 2015 second-round draft choice Josh Richardson will be given an opportunity to crack the roster.
What this more than likely means is that the Heat are seriously shopping around Chalmers. It had been reported about a week prior that ‘Rio was on the trading block in an effort to clear up cap space for re-signing Wade.
Regardless, it would appear the Heat and Barea have serious mutual interest in one another and that a signing seems imminent.