- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Miami Heat Rumors: Heat Interested in DeMarre Carroll
- Updated: February 3, 2018
The rumor mills are beginning to turn leading up to the Feb. 8 NBA trade deadline, and it seems the Miami Heat are looking to get involved.
On Saturday, several reports pointed to the Heat having interest in multiple players across the NBA.
According to Michael Scotto of The Athletic, the Heat have voiced their interest in veteran forward DeMarre Carroll:
“Miami has also expressed interest in Nets forward DeMarre Carroll, league sources told The Athletic.”
After struggling last season, Carroll has enjoyed something of a resurgent year with the Nets, averaging 13.0 points and 6.5 rebounds per game. Scotto added to his report, saying that several rival executives believe that the Heat’s Justise Winslow is on the trading block:
“Rival executives believe former 10th overall pick Justise Winslow can be obtained on the trade market.”
The Heat have already proven that they can win with the players currently on their roster, but there’s no harm in trying to find ways to improve. With a likely playoff berth just months away, the Heat would be wise to add talent as they prepare to prove that they deserve to be considered amongst the top teams in the Eastern Conference.