- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
- Duncan Robinson says Lakers trash-talking during NBA Finals included calling him ‘Jimmy Neutron’
- Report: Kelly Olynyk expected to opt in for 2020-21 season with Miami Heat
Miami Heat Rumors: Amar’e Stoudemire ‘Close’ to Deal With Heat
- Updated: July 9, 2015
Pat Riley may have lured another veteran to South Beach.
Ian Begley of ESPN New York reports that the Miami Heat and Amar’e Stoudemire will meet tomorrow and that the two sides are “close” to a deal. Stoudemire would be the second veteran to join the Heat in free agency following the announcement of the Gerald Green signing to the veteran’s minimum.
Amar’e Stoudemire’s scheduled to meet w/MIA tomorrow. The belief currently is that Amar’e/MIA are “close” to completing a deal, per sources.
— Ian Begley (@IanBegley) July 9, 2015
The Heat are in desperate need of scoring from their big men off the bench, and Stoudemire just might be the best free agent option at this point. While splitting the 2014-15 season with the New York Knicks and Dallas Mavericks, the 13-year veteran averaged 11.5 points on 55.7 percent from the field in limited minutes per game. His 21.1 minutes per contest last year was the least of his career.
If the Heat are to snag Stoudemire, it would immediately boost the depth of what is shaping up to be one of the best rosters in the NBA for next season.