- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
Miami Heat Rumors: Amar’e Stoudemire ‘Close’ to Deal With Heat
- Updated: July 9, 2015
Pat Riley may have lured another veteran to South Beach.
Ian Begley of ESPN New York reports that the Miami Heat and Amar’e Stoudemire will meet tomorrow and that the two sides are “close” to a deal. Stoudemire would be the second veteran to join the Heat in free agency following the announcement of the Gerald Green signing to the veteran’s minimum.
Amar’e Stoudemire’s scheduled to meet w/MIA tomorrow. The belief currently is that Amar’e/MIA are “close” to completing a deal, per sources.
— Ian Begley (@IanBegley) July 9, 2015
The Heat are in desperate need of scoring from their big men off the bench, and Stoudemire just might be the best free agent option at this point. While splitting the 2014-15 season with the New York Knicks and Dallas Mavericks, the 13-year veteran averaged 11.5 points on 55.7 percent from the field in limited minutes per game. His 21.1 minutes per contest last year was the least of his career.
If the Heat are to snag Stoudemire, it would immediately boost the depth of what is shaping up to be one of the best rosters in the NBA for next season.