- Video: Bam Adebayo pissed at Dwyane Wade for taking forever to respond to texts
- Dwyane Wade: ‘If you don’t like D. Rose, something is wrong with you’
- Miami Heat release crucial injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Boston Celtics
- Victor Oladipo issues emphatic 1-word response to Russell Westbrook becoming all-time triple-double leader
- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
Report: There were whispers of a 3-way deal involving Kyrie Irving and the Miami Heat
- Updated: November 19, 2020
The Miami Heat are on the hunt for another star player, and Bill Simmons recently stated that he caught wind of a rumor that had Brooklyn Nets star Kyrie Irving heading to Miami.
“There was a rumor, not true, or if it was true it maybe lasted a second that they were trying to figure out a three-way deal with Kyrie ending up in Miami,” said Bill Simmons on the Ryen Russillo Podcast. “Which I refuse to believe.”
As Simmons stated, it seems this rumor was rather short-lived. Still, it’s a clear indication that the Heat are going to be a part of the conversation when a star player is reported to be on the table.
Irving would certainly be a dangerous addition to the Heat’s roster.
With Bam Adebayo blossoming into a dominant two-way big man and Jimmy Butler already established as one of the NBA’s best two-way stars, Irving would be able to focus on using his offensive gifts to dominate opposing defenders.
With the excitement of the 2020 NBA Draft now in the past, fans’ eyes will now turn to the trade and free-agency markets.
Though Heat team president Pat Riley recently claimed that he intends to run it back with last season’s overachieving roster, there’s no doubt that he and the rest of the front office will continue to look for ways to improve the team and build an even stronger title contender.