- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Report: Bam Adebayo’s agent to meet with Miami Heat to discuss max extension
- Updated: November 24, 2020
Bam Adebayo is eligible for a max extension this offseason. He certainly is worth the contract, especially with the way he played last season.
This week, things might become more clear, as Adebayo’s agent will reportedly meet with the Heat front office to discuss its plans.
— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) November 24, 2020
Last season, Adebayo had the best season of his young career.
He averaged 15.9 points, 10.2 rebounds and 5.1 assists per game in the regular season. The 6-foot-9 big man was key in the Miami’s run to the NBA Finals, where it lost to the Lakers in six games.
The University of Kentucky product was also voted to his first All-Star Game last season, along with his fellow draftees in the 2017 NBA Draft, Jayson Tatum and Donovan Mitchell.
Those two players just agreed to max contract extensions with their respective teams.
It remains to be seen whether Adebayo will follow suit.