- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
- Here’s how Kawhi Leonard joining the Miami Heat would become a ‘possibility’
- Here’s what Philadelphia 76ers would ‘very likely’ demand from Miami Heat for Joel Embiid
- Report: Miami Heat have ‘admiration’ for Paul George’s game as big free agency looms
- Video: Mike Tyson confronts Boosie Badazz over derogatory comments about Dwyane Wade’s transgender daughter
- Report: Miami Heat showing interest in promising young guard from Alabama
Report: 2 Miami Heat assistant coaches finalists for Indiana Pacers head coaching job
- Updated: October 4, 2020
The Miami Heat have made an impressive run through the 2020 NBA Playoffs.
Their run to the 2020 NBA Finals and overall team culture have apparently made members of their coaching staff hot commodities around the league.
Two of the Heat’s assistant coaches, Dan Craig and Chris Quinn, are in the running for the Indiana Pacers’ head coaching job.
— Five Reasons Sports Network (@5ReasonsSports) October 3, 2020
Like Miami head coach Erik Spoelstra, Craig started out in the organization’s video department. He eventually joined the coaching staff where he was tasked with the role of player development, among other things.
Quinn, who had a brief stint as a player with the Heat, is currently in his sixth season with the team as an assistant coach.
This is not the first time Craig has been courted by another team.
About a month ago, the Chicago Bulls were seriously considering making him their next head coach. Instead, they went with Billy Donovan.
While it would be sad to see either Quinn or Craig leave South Florida, it would also be wonderful to see either take the next step in his coaching career.