- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
- Video: Charles Barkley goes off on Shaquille O’Neal for comparing Goran Dragic to Chris Paul
- C.J. McCollum clowns haters who have called Jimmy Butler a ‘bad teammate’
- Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic sends personal tribute to Tyler Herro after historic performance
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro now has top-selling jersey in NBA after Game 4 for the ages
- Stephen A. Smith makes bold statement about potential Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Boston Celtics consider not drafting Jimmy Butler ‘most painful miss’ in recent history
- Tyler Herro ranks above LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry and Kawhi Leonard after Game 4
- Report: Boston Celtics front office let out ‘collective moan’ when Miami Heat drafted Tyler Herro
- Bam Adebayo explains huge role he played in convincing Miami Heat to draft Tyler Herro
Report: Chicago Bulls ‘Very Interested’ in Miami Heat Coach for Head Coaching Position
- Updated: September 2, 2020
As the Miami Heat look to take a 2-0 lead in their best-of-seven series against the Milwaukee Bucks, a member of their coaching staff is reportedly drawing attention from a team that’s looking to rebuild.
Heat assistant coach Dan Craig appears to be a prime candidate to become the next head coach of the Chicago Bulls.
The Chicago Bulls are “very interested” in Heat assistant Dan Craig for their head coach position according to a source @5ReasonsSports
— Greg Sylvander (@GregSylvander) September 2, 2020
Much like Miami head coach Erik Spoelstra, Craig never played in the NBA. Also like Spoelstra, Craig started out in the Heat’s video department.
After playing his college ball at Plymouth State University, Craig became the Heat’s assistant video coordinator in 2004. He then got the head video coordinator position in 2006.
Years later, Craig had a short stint as the head coach of the Sioux Falls Skyforce, which is the Heat’s NBA G League squad. In the 2015-16 season, he coached the team to the league championship and won the Coach of the Year award.
The Bulls finished just 22-43 this season and haven’t made the playoffs in several years.