- ESPN’s Panel of Experts Agree Bam Adebayo Should and Will Win Most Improved Player Award
- Meyers Leonard Doubles Down on Justice Stance, Shows Love to African-American Teammates
- An Emotional Udonis Haslem Addresses Community of Miami: ‘I’m Scared as Hell’
- Udonis Haslem Boasts About KZ Okpala’s Growth, Says He’s Put on Weight and Gotten Stronger
- Bam Adebayo Adamantly Advocates for Jayson Tatum to Receive Max Money From Celtics
- Report: Miami Heat Could Participate in Secret ‘Closed-Door Scrimmages’ Despite NBA Directive
- Tyler Herro Sends Blunt 4-Word Message With NBA Return on Horizon
- Gabrielle Union Offers Powerful Statement After Brutal Death of George Floyd
- Ayehsa Curry Rips Donald Trump for Calling George Floyd Protesters ‘Thugs’
- Miami Heat’s Bam Adebayo Worried About Licking, Sweating When NBA Returns
Udonis Haslem Dedicates Birthday Message to His ‘Favorite Player’ Duncan Robinson
- Updated: April 22, 2020
Robinson surely has a lot to celebrate. Not only is he turning 26, he is also in the midst of a stunning breakout season in the NBA.
So far this year, Robinson is averaging 13.3 points and 3.3 rebounds per game and is shooting an impressive 44.8 percent from beyond the arc.
He is one of the many young players that have had a huge role in the Heat’s success so far this season.
Unfortunately for Robinson, the current COVID-19 pandemic has made celebrating in any major way pretty much impossible. Surely, he’ll be receiving many video calls from family and friends who would love to be celebrating with him in person under different circumstances.
As for Haslem, it’s quite possible that the Heat legend has already played his final NBA minute. Prior to the shutdown, Haslem was already reportedly mulling calling it a career by the end of this season.
Now, it seems possible that if the season does return, it will immediately start with the playoffs. Though Haslem is undoubtedly an invaluable locker room presence for the Heat, chances are good he won’t play a role in the team’s playoff rotation.
The other far more unappealing possibility is that the 2019-20 season gets cancelled altogether. If that happens, it will be interesting to see how that would change Haslem’s opinion on retirement.