- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
- Video: Victor Oladipo throws down angry poster over Andre Drummond
- Tyler Herro admits he ‘definitely thought I would be starting’ as he comments on reserve role with Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade slights Boston Celtics, says they don’t have an identity
Anonymous scout raves about ‘athletic’ Duncan Robinson’s potential: ‘You can run offense through him’
- Updated: December 18, 2020
However, it appears that Robinson has far more up his sleeve than just the ability to launch bombs from deep.
A scout recently evaluated Robinson and made it clear that there is a lot more that Robinson has to offer.
“I didn’t think Duncan Robinson could play against good teams in the NBA. He’s not a great individual defender, but his team defense is solid,” the scout told the staff at Sports Illustrated. “And he is 6’ 7”. He is big enough, he has length. It’s one thing if you are 6’ 3” and suck defensively. He’s more athletic than you think. You can run offense through him. He can pass it. He impacts the game in a ways I didn’t see. You can’t take him out of a game just by running him off the three-point line.”
An assessment like this makes it much more clear why Robinson is reportedly a “major sticking point” in trade talks for former MVP James Harden.
After all, it has become clear over the last few seasons that the kind of shooting ability Robinson possesses can help win teams championships.
Last season, Robinson averaged 13.5 points per game on 44.6 percent shooting from the beyond the arc.
If he can display improved defense, passing and athleticism this season, there is no limit to how dangerous of a player he can truly become.