- Report: Dwyane Wade ‘Disappointed’ No Team Has Signed Carmelo Anthony
- Miami Heat News: Heat Exercise Fourth-Year Option on Bam Adebayo
- Miami Heat News: American Airlines Arena to Change Name Starting Next Season
- Tyler Herro Agrees That He’ll Be NBA Rookie With ‘Most Drip’
- Goran Dragic Says Surgically Repaired Knee ‘Way Stronger’ Than Last Season
- Dwyane Wade Discusses Why He Absolutely ‘Had to Bring a Championship’ to Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade Seriously Interested in Owning NFL Team With Rick Ross
- Chris Bosh Eligible to Go to Hall of Fame in Same Class as Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan
- Report: NBA Will No Longer Allow ‘Ninja-Style’ Headbands Jimmy Butler Wore Last Season
- Dwyane Wade: ‘I Think L.A. Is Going to Win the Championship’
Report: OKC Thunder Trade Russell Westbrook to Houston Rockets for Chris Paul
- Updated: July 11, 2019
It doesn’t look like superstar point guard Russell Westbrook will be joining Jimmy Butler in Miami after all.
That’s because ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski has reported that Westbrook has been sent to the Houston Rockets in exchange for Chris Paul, first-round picks in 2024 and 2026, and pick swaps in 2021 and 2025.
This leaves the Thunder with with an unfathomable eight additional first-round picks through 2026, plus four pick swaps.
The Heat had long been reported to be the frontrunners to land Westbrook, as the mercurial guard even had Miami at the top of his short wish list.