- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
Pat Riley speaks out on Bam Adebayo officially signing 5-year, max rookie contract
- Updated: November 28, 2020
Adebayo, who made his first All-Star team last season, has quickly become a crucial part of Miami’s core.
Heat president Pat Riley explained that the decision to extend Adebayo’s contract was a “no-brainer.”
“That’s great for the HEAT, great for the fans and great for @Bam1of1.” – Riley (cont’d)
Adebayo, 23, had a breakout year during the 2019-20 season and helped lead Miami to an NBA Finals appearance.
Last season, the University of Kentucky product averaged 15.9 points, 10.2 rebounds and 5.1 assists per game. All of those numbers were career-highs for Adebayo.
Now, Miami has locked him up for the foreseeable future as it attempts to make another run to the NBA Finals during the 2020-21 season.