- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
Pat Riley Offers Warning to Jimmy Butler Regarding Miami Heat Culture
- Updated: September 27, 2019
The presser was mostly sunshine and roses, but both Butler’s and Riley’s intense personalities poked through at times.
One such moment came when Riley was speaking about Butler’s fiery personality and how it might mesh with the legendary Heat culture.
Pat on Jimmy and the Heat culture: "I hope he likes it. But it's going to be hard. He's going to find out."
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) September 27, 2019
The Heat are known for being an organization that is committed to hard work and high character. Butler is infamous for his desire to push both himself and his teammates. While it has worked in the past, it has also brought entire NBA organizations to their knees.
All offseason, fans and experts alike have spoken about how the pairing of Butler and the Heat should be a match made in heaven.
That doesn’t mean, however, that Riley does not foresee a period of transition.
If all goes according to plan, Butler will not just be the leader on the court, but off the court as well. That will require him to buy in fully to the culture that has been fostered over much of the last two decades.