- Report: NBA officials believe Duncan Robinson will get $15M-$20M annually in free agency
- Udonis Haslem expresses anger over NBA ‘locking up’ players in hotel rooms due to COVID-19
- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade reacts to tragic COVID-19-related death of Sekou Smith
- Report: Miami Heat could be without 8 players Wednesday vs. Denver Nuggets
- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
Pat Riley Offers Warning to Jimmy Butler Regarding Miami Heat Culture
- Updated: September 27, 2019
The presser was mostly sunshine and roses, but both Butler’s and Riley’s intense personalities poked through at times.
One such moment came when Riley was speaking about Butler’s fiery personality and how it might mesh with the legendary Heat culture.
Pat on Jimmy and the Heat culture: "I hope he likes it. But it's going to be hard. He's going to find out."
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) September 27, 2019
The Heat are known for being an organization that is committed to hard work and high character. Butler is infamous for his desire to push both himself and his teammates. While it has worked in the past, it has also brought entire NBA organizations to their knees.
All offseason, fans and experts alike have spoken about how the pairing of Butler and the Heat should be a match made in heaven.
That doesn’t mean, however, that Riley does not foresee a period of transition.
If all goes according to plan, Butler will not just be the leader on the court, but off the court as well. That will require him to buy in fully to the culture that has been fostered over much of the last two decades.