- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
Oddsmakers Release Miami Heat’s Chances of Winning NBA Championship This Season
- Updated: September 16, 2020
The Miami Heat now have the second-best odds to win the NBA title after their Game 1 victory over the Boston Celtics on Tuesday.
Heat championship odds now down to 9-2, per BetOnLine. Second only to Lakers’ 5-to-9. Heat a 20-to-31 favorite now to win East. Nuggets more than 5-1 to win West.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) September 16, 2020
The Heat were also likely helped by the Denver Nuggets upset of the Los Angeles Clippers on Tuesday night.
Denver rallied from a 3-1 series deficit to knock off the heavily favored Clippers in the second round.
The Heat looked as good as they have all postseason on Monday, as they came back from a big fourth-quarter hole to defeat the Celtics in overtime.
Butler called Adebayo a “savior” for his huge defensive play on Jayson Tatum that sealed the win.
The Heat will look to continue to dominate in the playoffs in Game 2. Miami is 9-1 since the postseason began.