- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Oddsmaker Says Warriors Would Be 12.5-Point Favorites Over Lakers
- Updated: December 13, 2018
A tweet from B/R Betting on Wednesday afternoon referenced oddsmaker Jeff Sherman, who told ESPN that Stephen Curry and the current Golden State Warriors would be 12.5-point favorites over Shaquille O’Neal’s 2001 Los Angeles Lakers at a neutral site.
Who ya got ✍️ pic.twitter.com/KKQ4S836Lx
— B/R Betting (@br_betting) December 13, 2018
Sherman, vice president of risk management at the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook, made this assessment on Thursday, referencing O’Neal’s comment to USA Today Sports that his Lakers would “easily win” against the two-time defending NBA champions.
The hypothetical odds came after Curry gave his own thoughts on the matter to ESPN on Wednesday:
“Oh, he’s dead wrong. Of course. We’d beat them. We can go back-and-forth all day.”
The professional sports world loves to talk “what-ifs” and matchups between iconic teams, especially when the dominant Warriors are involved in the conversation.
This debate, unfortunately, will never be solved on the court. The three-peat-era Lakers are all past their playing days. Meanwhile, the 2018 Warriors are one of the fiercest teams in the NBA, despite some shaky efforts in the early going of the season.