- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
Oddsmaker Says Warriors Would Be 12.5-Point Favorites Over Lakers
- Updated: December 13, 2018
A tweet from B/R Betting on Wednesday afternoon referenced oddsmaker Jeff Sherman, who told ESPN that Stephen Curry and the current Golden State Warriors would be 12.5-point favorites over Shaquille O’Neal’s 2001 Los Angeles Lakers at a neutral site.
Who ya got ✍️ pic.twitter.com/KKQ4S836Lx
— B/R Betting (@br_betting) December 13, 2018
Sherman, vice president of risk management at the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook, made this assessment on Thursday, referencing O’Neal’s comment to USA Today Sports that his Lakers would “easily win” against the two-time defending NBA champions.
The hypothetical odds came after Curry gave his own thoughts on the matter to ESPN on Wednesday:
“Oh, he’s dead wrong. Of course. We’d beat them. We can go back-and-forth all day.”
The professional sports world loves to talk “what-ifs” and matchups between iconic teams, especially when the dominant Warriors are involved in the conversation.
This debate, unfortunately, will never be solved on the court. The three-peat-era Lakers are all past their playing days. Meanwhile, the 2018 Warriors are one of the fiercest teams in the NBA, despite some shaky efforts in the early going of the season.