- Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade reminisce on getting their ‘a—s beat’ by Allen Iverson in 2003
- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
- Here’s how Kawhi Leonard joining the Miami Heat would become a ‘possibility’
- Here’s what Philadelphia 76ers would ‘very likely’ demand from Miami Heat for Joel Embiid
- Report: Miami Heat have ‘admiration’ for Paul George’s game as big free agency looms
- Video: Mike Tyson confronts Boosie Badazz over derogatory comments about Dwyane Wade’s transgender daughter
Oddsmaker Says Warriors Would Be 12.5-Point Favorites Over Lakers
- Updated: December 13, 2018
A tweet from B/R Betting on Wednesday afternoon referenced oddsmaker Jeff Sherman, who told ESPN that Stephen Curry and the current Golden State Warriors would be 12.5-point favorites over Shaquille O’Neal’s 2001 Los Angeles Lakers at a neutral site.
Who ya got ✍️ pic.twitter.com/KKQ4S836Lx
— B/R Betting (@br_betting) December 13, 2018
Sherman, vice president of risk management at the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook, made this assessment on Thursday, referencing O’Neal’s comment to USA Today Sports that his Lakers would “easily win” against the two-time defending NBA champions.
The hypothetical odds came after Curry gave his own thoughts on the matter to ESPN on Wednesday:
“Oh, he’s dead wrong. Of course. We’d beat them. We can go back-and-forth all day.”
The professional sports world loves to talk “what-ifs” and matchups between iconic teams, especially when the dominant Warriors are involved in the conversation.
This debate, unfortunately, will never be solved on the court. The three-peat-era Lakers are all past their playing days. Meanwhile, the 2018 Warriors are one of the fiercest teams in the NBA, despite some shaky efforts in the early going of the season.