- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
NBA Twitter Reacts to Dwyane Wade’s Shocking Departure
- Updated: July 7, 2016
The Dwyane Wade news hit everyone in South Florida like a hurricane. You could see it coming, but you never really thought it would make landfall.
Well, it did and then some.
Wade leaving the Miami Heat felt like the heart and soul were being ripped out of this fanbase. Players and analysts alike joined Heat fans in shock as the 13-year veteran decided to go back home.
Let’s look at the best reactions from around the league:
Hassan Whiteside pretty much nailed it on the head with this tweet. The “Blurred Mr. Krabs” meme is one the most popular images shared on social media to show the shocking news of Wade leaving.
One of Wade’s closest friends, Chris Paul, shared this photoshop, congratulating him on the move.
— Chris Paul (@CP3) July 7, 2016
Jeremy Lin who guarded Wade during this past year’s playoffs definitely did not see this coming.
I've seen it all…
— Jeremy Lin (@JLin7) July 7, 2016
Dorrell Wright is one of Wade’s closest friends since he joined the league and even he was shocked by the announcement.
— Dorell Wright (@DWRIGHTWAY1) July 7, 2016
Eric Bledsoe and Brandon Jennings tweeted about how competitive and exciting the following season is setting up to be.
This season about to be one for the books!
— Eric Bledsoe (@EBled2) July 7, 2016
The EAST is about to be dog fight!!!!!!! It's On!!!!
— Brandon Jennings (@brandonjennings) July 7, 2016
It wasn’t just the players who couldn’t believe Wade was leaving Miami, analysts and reporters around the country were almost at a loss for words. One the best national NBA writers Zach Lowe had this to say:
Man, Dwyane Wade IS the Heat. This is…this is a lot to process.
— Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) July 7, 2016
We definitely agree with you, Zach. TNT’s David Aldridge expressed a similar sentiment as the news was breaking.
— David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt) July 7, 2016
Covered Wade's entire career here, from first day. So yeah, this is weird. https://t.co/wi45RHUh7h
— Ethan J. Skolnick (@EthanJSkolnick) July 7, 2016
While fans adjust to this new reality of a Heat team without Wade, the front office is scrambling to find free agents to plug the hole left by him. We will have to see if Pat Riley has any moves left this offseason because he has already struck out twice, and the future is sure looking bleak at the moment.