- Jimmy Butler delivers blunt message to Bam Adebayo: ‘Attack the rim…play bully ball’
- Frustrated Jimmy Butler rips into Miami Heat teammates for being ‘soft’
- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
Scout for Rival Eastern Conference Team Thinks Bam Adebayo Has ‘Superstar’ Potential
- Updated: July 26, 2018
At first, it was unclear where Adebayo would fit in Miami’s loaded frontcourt, but he quickly displayed the kind of skill and talent that got Heat fans everywhere very excited about his future.
It now seems that the fans aren’t the only ones excited about the young big man’s potential. According to one unnamed scout for a rival Eastern Conference team, Adebayo has “superstar” potential.
Scout for a rival East team has told me that Bam has superstar potential. This particular scout does not throw around the term "superstar" loosely. https://t.co/A4dOZVb5rK
— Chris Sheridan (@sheridanhoops) July 25, 2018
Last season, Adebayo averaged 6.9 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 1.5 assists in 19.8 minutes per game. While those numbers don’t necessarily jump off the page, Adebayo shined when he was given larger workloads throughout the season. In the month of February, Adebayo averaged 21.5 minutes per contest and subsequently recorded 9.1 points and 6.9 rebounds per game. That included three double-double performances, two of which came against future playoff teams.
With the 2018-19 NBA season just around the corner, it seems this scout believes Heat fans could be seeing many more strong performances out of the second-year pro.
Hopefully Adebayo lives up to the expectation.