- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
- Video: Charles Barkley goes off on Shaquille O’Neal for comparing Goran Dragic to Chris Paul
- C.J. McCollum clowns haters who have called Jimmy Butler a ‘bad teammate’
- Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic sends personal tribute to Tyler Herro after historic performance
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro now has top-selling jersey in NBA after Game 4 for the ages
- Stephen A. Smith makes bold statement about potential Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Boston Celtics consider not drafting Jimmy Butler ‘most painful miss’ in recent history
- Tyler Herro ranks above LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry and Kawhi Leonard after Game 4
- Report: Boston Celtics front office let out ‘collective moan’ when Miami Heat drafted Tyler Herro
- Bam Adebayo explains huge role he played in convincing Miami Heat to draft Tyler Herro
Scout for Rival Eastern Conference Team Thinks Bam Adebayo Has ‘Superstar’ Potential
- Updated: July 26, 2018
At first, it was unclear where Adebayo would fit in Miami’s loaded frontcourt, but he quickly displayed the kind of skill and talent that got Heat fans everywhere very excited about his future.
It now seems that the fans aren’t the only ones excited about the young big man’s potential. According to one unnamed scout for a rival Eastern Conference team, Adebayo has “superstar” potential.
Scout for a rival East team has told me that Bam has superstar potential. This particular scout does not throw around the term "superstar" loosely. https://t.co/A4dOZVb5rK
— Chris Sheridan (@sheridanhoops) July 25, 2018
Last season, Adebayo averaged 6.9 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 1.5 assists in 19.8 minutes per game. While those numbers don’t necessarily jump off the page, Adebayo shined when he was given larger workloads throughout the season. In the month of February, Adebayo averaged 21.5 minutes per contest and subsequently recorded 9.1 points and 6.9 rebounds per game. That included three double-double performances, two of which came against future playoff teams.
With the 2018-19 NBA season just around the corner, it seems this scout believes Heat fans could be seeing many more strong performances out of the second-year pro.
Hopefully Adebayo lives up to the expectation.