- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
Scout for Rival Eastern Conference Team Thinks Bam Adebayo Has ‘Superstar’ Potential
- Updated: July 26, 2018
At first, it was unclear where Adebayo would fit in Miami’s loaded frontcourt, but he quickly displayed the kind of skill and talent that got Heat fans everywhere very excited about his future.
It now seems that the fans aren’t the only ones excited about the young big man’s potential. According to one unnamed scout for a rival Eastern Conference team, Adebayo has “superstar” potential.
Scout for a rival East team has told me that Bam has superstar potential. This particular scout does not throw around the term "superstar" loosely. https://t.co/A4dOZVb5rK
— Chris Sheridan (@sheridanhoops) July 25, 2018
Last season, Adebayo averaged 6.9 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 1.5 assists in 19.8 minutes per game. While those numbers don’t necessarily jump off the page, Adebayo shined when he was given larger workloads throughout the season. In the month of February, Adebayo averaged 21.5 minutes per contest and subsequently recorded 9.1 points and 6.9 rebounds per game. That included three double-double performances, two of which came against future playoff teams.
With the 2018-19 NBA season just around the corner, it seems this scout believes Heat fans could be seeing many more strong performances out of the second-year pro.
Hopefully Adebayo lives up to the expectation.