- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Updated: October 4, 2019
However, Butler’s recent 3:30 a.m. workout caught the attention of other players in the league, with a few of them taking to social media to offer playful jabs at his dedication.
It ain’t 3:30 am but it something 🤷🏽♂️ pic.twitter.com/vzTKTE1Gzv
— Evan Turner (@thekidet) October 4, 2019
😂😂 jimmy gone have they ass sleepy as shit lmao
— Lou Williams (@TeamLou23) October 4, 2019
Dumb tired lol
— Thad Young (@yungsmoove21) October 4, 2019
Los Angeles Clippers guard Lou Williams will turn 33 later this month and is set to begin his 15th NBA season, while 30-year-old Evan Turner of the Atlanta Hawks is poised to begin his 10th season in the league. Career longevity of that sort requires making a concerted effort to stay in top shape, with Butler clearly understanding the necessary sacrifices required.
Butler turned 30 last month, but is clearly not jaded by the rigors of NBA life as he gets ready to begin his ninth NBA season. He’s playing for his fourth team in as many seasons, but now has a new four-year, $142 million contract that removes any uncertainty about his status.
The Heat made two exhaustive efforts to acquire him before he became a free agent, with the second try going down to the wire before success was achieved. They’re no doubt looking for him to deliver the type of statistical numbers that have made him a four-time All-Star and a member of two All-NBA squads.
Judging from his early-morning workouts, Butler appears driven to make an immediate impact with the team through his play and intense leadership. The Heat are hoping that such focus results in the team once again reaching the postseason and making some noise once they get there.