- Jimmy Butler Heaps Praise on Derrick Jones Jr.: ‘He’s So Fun to Be Around’
- Report: Miami Heat Make Players Wear Mouth Guards and Knee Pads Due to Intensity of Practices
- Derrick Jones Jr. Details Special Benefits of New Endorsement Deal With Puma
- Rapper Boosie Unleashes Disgusting, Hateful Rant About Dwayne Wade and His Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Ranks Himself, LeBron James and Chris Bosh in Terms of Talent
- Danny Ainge Says Ray Allen Joining Miami Will Affect Boston’s Decision to Retire His Jersey
- Volleyball Player Says She ‘Messed Up’ After Swerving Derrick Jones Jr. in Her DMs
- Bam Adebayo’s Confidence ‘Through the Roof’ After Impressive All-Star Weekend
- Report: Derrick Jones Jr. Lands Puma Deal After Slam Dunk Contest Win
- Report: Jimmy Butler ‘Angry’ He Wasn’t Inserted in 4th Quarter of All-Star Game
Miami Heat News: Dwyane Wade to Miss Significant Time to Spend Time With Daughter
- Updated: November 11, 2018
Heat star Dwyane Wade tells AP that he will miss at least another week to remain with, bond with and care for he and Gabrielle Union-Wade’s new daughter. Much more on this shortly. pic.twitter.com/am9ryBf9wO
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) November 11, 2018
The newborn daughter is Wade and his wife Gabrielle Union’s first child together, although Wade does currently have three sons as well.
Based on the new timetable, the earliest Wade would be able to return would be on Nov. 20 against the Brooklyn Nets.
However, basketball is likely the last thing on Wade’s mind at the moment, and it wouldn’t be surprising if his time away lasts longer than a week.
The three-time NBA champion is putting up 14.3 points, 4.0 rebounds, and 2.9 assists in 25.7 minutes per game this season.