- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Miami Heat News: Dwyane Wade to Miss Significant Time to Spend Time With Daughter
- Updated: November 11, 2018
Heat star Dwyane Wade tells AP that he will miss at least another week to remain with, bond with and care for he and Gabrielle Union-Wade’s new daughter. Much more on this shortly. pic.twitter.com/am9ryBf9wO
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) November 11, 2018
The newborn daughter is Wade and his wife Gabrielle Union’s first child together, although Wade does currently have three sons as well.
Based on the new timetable, the earliest Wade would be able to return would be on Nov. 20 against the Brooklyn Nets.
However, basketball is likely the last thing on Wade’s mind at the moment, and it wouldn’t be surprising if his time away lasts longer than a week.
The three-time NBA champion is putting up 14.3 points, 4.0 rebounds, and 2.9 assists in 25.7 minutes per game this season.