- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
Miami Heat News: Dwyane Wade to Miss Significant Time to Spend Time With Daughter
- Updated: November 11, 2018
Heat star Dwyane Wade tells AP that he will miss at least another week to remain with, bond with and care for he and Gabrielle Union-Wade’s new daughter. Much more on this shortly. pic.twitter.com/am9ryBf9wO
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) November 11, 2018
The newborn daughter is Wade and his wife Gabrielle Union’s first child together, although Wade does currently have three sons as well.
Based on the new timetable, the earliest Wade would be able to return would be on Nov. 20 against the Brooklyn Nets.
However, basketball is likely the last thing on Wade’s mind at the moment, and it wouldn’t be surprising if his time away lasts longer than a week.
The three-time NBA champion is putting up 14.3 points, 4.0 rebounds, and 2.9 assists in 25.7 minutes per game this season.