- Dwyane Wade Responds to Damian Lillard’s Clutch Performance With Warning to Haters
- Report: Miami Heat List Numerous Key Players on Injury Report vs. Indiana Pacers
- David Fizdale Reveals What Dwyane Wade Told LeBron James After Losing 2011 Finals
- Indiana Pacers Star Offers Bold Message About Beating Miami Heat in Upcoming Playoff Series
- Duncan Robinson Pays Tribute to ‘Real One’ Jimmy Butler for Truck-Sticking Chris Paul
- Jimmy Butler on Tyler Herro: ‘He Wants to Bring a Championship to Miami’
- Jimmy Butler Explains Why He Truck Sticked Chris Paul During Heat-Thunder Game
- Report: Indiana Pacers Forward T.J. Warren Dealing With Significant Injury
- Chris Bosh Reacts to Historic News of Joe Biden Selecting Kamala Harris as Running Mate
- Report: Miami Heat’s 1st Round Playoff Opponent Officially Set
Erik Spoelstra: Hassan Whiteside Leaving Bench Last Night Was ‘Unacceptable’
- Updated: December 5, 2018
Hassan Whiteside made headlines on Tuesday night, but not the type of headlines that players typically strive for.
In the waning moments of the Miami Heat’s blowout loss to the Orlando Magic, Whiteside left the team’s bench and headed to the locker room. He remained there until the game concluded, but exited the locker room without meeting with media.
Whiteside’s early departure did not sit well with the team. On Wednesday, Heat coach Erik Spoelstra criticized Whiteside’s behavior, while noting that the organization handled the matter.
— David Furones (@DavidFurones_) December 5, 2018
Whitside struggled for portions of the game, and did not play during the fourth quarter. It seems likely that he was frustrated by his and the team’s performance and Spoelstra’s rotations. In all, he totaled 12 points, nine rebounds and three blocks in 25 minutes of action.
For now, it is unclear how the organization will handle the issue. It is possible that Spoelstra and Whiteside will merely talk, but it’s also possible that the organization will fine or suspend the starting center.
Miami’s next game is on Friday, Dec. 7, when the team begins a six-game road trip against the Phoenix Suns.