- Dwyane Wade Announces That He’s Joined Panel as Judge for ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Dwyane Wade jokes about moment he and LeBron James knew their sons would team up in Los Angeles
- Bam Adebayo Explains Why Tyler Herro Will Quickly Adjust to Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade and Bradley Beal Can’t Believe Zaire Wade’s New High School Roster
- Tobias Harris on Jimmy Butler Leaving 76ers for Heat: ‘Miami Is Gonna Love Him’
- Former NBA Player Disrespects Chris Bosh: ‘Can You Really Call Miami a Big 3’
- Renowned NBA Trainer Sends Warning to League About Dion Waiters
- Video: Bam Adebayo Hilariously Blocks Children’s Shots at Basketball Camp
- Miami Heat Rumors: Heat to Be ‘Aggressive’ in Adding Another Star
- Dion Waiters Opens Up About Emotional Struggles He Faced After Gaining Weight
Erik Spoelstra: Hassan Whiteside Leaving Bench Last Night Was ‘Unacceptable’
- Updated: December 5, 2018
Hassan Whiteside made headlines on Tuesday night, but not the type of headlines that players typically strive for.
In the waning moments of the Miami Heat’s blowout loss to the Orlando Magic, Whiteside left the team’s bench and headed to the locker room. He remained there until the game concluded, but exited the locker room without meeting with media.
Whiteside’s early departure did not sit well with the team. On Wednesday, Heat coach Erik Spoelstra criticized Whiteside’s behavior, while noting that the organization handled the matter.
— David Furones (@DavidFurones_) December 5, 2018
Whitside struggled for portions of the game, and did not play during the fourth quarter. It seems likely that he was frustrated by his and the team’s performance and Spoelstra’s rotations. In all, he totaled 12 points, nine rebounds and three blocks in 25 minutes of action.
For now, it is unclear how the organization will handle the issue. It is possible that Spoelstra and Whiteside will merely talk, but it’s also possible that the organization will fine or suspend the starting center.
Miami’s next game is on Friday, Dec. 7, when the team begins a six-game road trip against the Phoenix Suns.