- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
- Duncan Robinson says Lakers trash-talking during NBA Finals included calling him ‘Jimmy Neutron’
- Report: Kelly Olynyk expected to opt in for 2020-21 season with Miami Heat
Miami Heat Guard Dion Waiters Names Newest Daughter After Pat Riley
- Updated: August 7, 2019
That’s because he became a father once again, partially naming his new baby girl after the Heat’s team president Pat Riley.
If you missed it last night (as I did), Heat guard Dion Waiters has announced the birth of his family's newest daughter — Dream Riley Waiters.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) August 6, 2019
Waiters made the announcement via social media on Monday, noting that his newest daughter will join her big sister Dior as part of the family.
There will no doubt be some cynics that snicker about the nod to Riley, who signed Waiters to a lucrative four-year contract two years ago. Up to this point, that investment hasn’t really paid off, largely due to a March 2017 injury that led to continued pain the following season until Waiters underwent season-ending surgery in January 2017.
Delays in Waiters’ rehabilitation prevented him from returning to the court until almost a full year had passed. In his 44 games during the 2018-19 season, Waiters averaged 12.0 points, 2.8 assists and 2.6 rebounds per game.
One of the suspected reasons for the delay in Waiters’ comeback was the excess weight he had added during his rehabilitation. In an effort to avoid that issue for the 2019-20 campaign and put an end to the trade rumors that have followed him, Waiters recently showed off an impressive physique on social media.
Whether that improved look translates to better play on the court is a mystery that will be settled during the upcoming season.