- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
Miami Heat Guard Dion Waiters Names Newest Daughter After Pat Riley
- Updated: August 7, 2019
That’s because he became a father once again, partially naming his new baby girl after the Heat’s team president Pat Riley.
If you missed it last night (as I did), Heat guard Dion Waiters has announced the birth of his family's newest daughter — Dream Riley Waiters.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) August 6, 2019
Waiters made the announcement via social media on Monday, noting that his newest daughter will join her big sister Dior as part of the family.
There will no doubt be some cynics that snicker about the nod to Riley, who signed Waiters to a lucrative four-year contract two years ago. Up to this point, that investment hasn’t really paid off, largely due to a March 2017 injury that led to continued pain the following season until Waiters underwent season-ending surgery in January 2017.
Delays in Waiters’ rehabilitation prevented him from returning to the court until almost a full year had passed. In his 44 games during the 2018-19 season, Waiters averaged 12.0 points, 2.8 assists and 2.6 rebounds per game.
One of the suspected reasons for the delay in Waiters’ comeback was the excess weight he had added during his rehabilitation. In an effort to avoid that issue for the 2019-20 campaign and put an end to the trade rumors that have followed him, Waiters recently showed off an impressive physique on social media.
Whether that improved look translates to better play on the court is a mystery that will be settled during the upcoming season.