- Stephen A. Smith and Spike Lee issue strong criticism regarding Dwyane Wade’s ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Duncan Robinson’s humble reaction after passing Dwyane Wade in Miami Heat record books
- Report: Rockets player gets jumped at strip club, takes bottle to face in Miami day before taking on Heat
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Miami Heat have been ‘concerned now for months’ about Tyler Herro’s celebrity status
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Dwyane Wade says Zaire has activated ‘Wade hops’ after he jumps over grown man for impressive dunk
- Bam Adebayo issues strong message to ‘switch that narrative’ of Jimmy Butler calling out Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat big man remembers Dwyane Wade displaying Michael ‘Jordan-esque’ tendencies early in career
- Report: Miami Heat expect Victor Oladipo to return from knee injury this season
Dwyane Wade Offers Powerful Message Regarding Paul Pierce Beef
- Updated: May 22, 2019
Pierce made headlines in April by claiming that he had a better career than Wade.
Many people were vocal in their disagreement with Pierce’s statement. Wade, however, remained silent on the matter.
He’s since spoken up, saying that he “won’t put another black man down.”
Wade is taking the high road in this story and it’s certainly admirable. No one would blame the recently retired star from taking shots at Pierce, but Wade doesn’t have any intention to.
The numbers are certainly on Wade’s side.
In 16 NBA seasons, the shooting guard averaged 22.0 points, 4.7 rebounds and 5.4 assists per game. He was a 13-time All-Star, three-time champion and an NBA Finals MVP.
Pierce’s numbers, while excellent, aren’t on the same level.
In 19 years, Pierce averaged 19.7 points, 5.6 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game. He was a 10-time All-Star, won one title and was a Finals MVP.
Both Pierce and Wade are headed to the Hall of Fame. Thankfully, it looks like they won’t be beefing along the way.