- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
Dwyane Wade Offers Powerful Message Regarding Paul Pierce Beef
- Updated: May 22, 2019
Pierce made headlines in April by claiming that he had a better career than Wade.
Many people were vocal in their disagreement with Pierce’s statement. Wade, however, remained silent on the matter.
He’s since spoken up, saying that he “won’t put another black man down.”
Wade is taking the high road in this story and it’s certainly admirable. No one would blame the recently retired star from taking shots at Pierce, but Wade doesn’t have any intention to.
The numbers are certainly on Wade’s side.
In 16 NBA seasons, the shooting guard averaged 22.0 points, 4.7 rebounds and 5.4 assists per game. He was a 13-time All-Star, three-time champion and an NBA Finals MVP.
Pierce’s numbers, while excellent, aren’t on the same level.
In 19 years, Pierce averaged 19.7 points, 5.6 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game. He was a 10-time All-Star, won one title and was a Finals MVP.
Both Pierce and Wade are headed to the Hall of Fame. Thankfully, it looks like they won’t be beefing along the way.