- Report: James Johnson Unlikely to Play in Miami Heat’s Season Opener
- Report: Dwyane Wade to Become TNT Analyst After Signing Deal With WarnerMedia
- Jimmy Butler Says He Wants to Stay With Miami Heat for Rest of Career
- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Sick Zaire Wade-LeBron James Jr. Alley-Oop
- Report: Bam Adebayo Working With Chris Bosh on How to Stretch Floor
- Goran Dragic Graciously Accepting Role Off Bench for Miami Heat
- Miami Heat News: Zion Williamson Won’t Make Appearance in Miami This Season
- Jimmy Butler Sees Himself in Tyler Herro: ‘He Don’t Give a Damn’
- Report: Dion Waiters Suspension Led to Relief Within Miami Heat Organization
- Report: Miami Heat Have Been Trying to Trade Dion Waiters Since Last Christmas
Dwyane Wade Offers Powerful Message Regarding Paul Pierce Beef
- Updated: May 22, 2019
Pierce made headlines in April by claiming that he had a better career than Wade.
Many people were vocal in their disagreement with Pierce’s statement. Wade, however, remained silent on the matter.
He’s since spoken up, saying that he “won’t put another black man down.”
Wade is taking the high road in this story and it’s certainly admirable. No one would blame the recently retired star from taking shots at Pierce, but Wade doesn’t have any intention to.
The numbers are certainly on Wade’s side.
In 16 NBA seasons, the shooting guard averaged 22.0 points, 4.7 rebounds and 5.4 assists per game. He was a 13-time All-Star, three-time champion and an NBA Finals MVP.
Pierce’s numbers, while excellent, aren’t on the same level.
In 19 years, Pierce averaged 19.7 points, 5.6 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game. He was a 10-time All-Star, won one title and was a Finals MVP.
Both Pierce and Wade are headed to the Hall of Fame. Thankfully, it looks like they won’t be beefing along the way.