- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade reacts to tragic COVID-19-related death of Sekou Smith
- Report: Miami Heat could be without 8 players Wednesday vs. Denver Nuggets
- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
Dwyane Wade Offers Powerful Message Regarding Paul Pierce Beef
- Updated: May 22, 2019
Pierce made headlines in April by claiming that he had a better career than Wade.
Many people were vocal in their disagreement with Pierce’s statement. Wade, however, remained silent on the matter.
He’s since spoken up, saying that he “won’t put another black man down.”
Wade is taking the high road in this story and it’s certainly admirable. No one would blame the recently retired star from taking shots at Pierce, but Wade doesn’t have any intention to.
The numbers are certainly on Wade’s side.
In 16 NBA seasons, the shooting guard averaged 22.0 points, 4.7 rebounds and 5.4 assists per game. He was a 13-time All-Star, three-time champion and an NBA Finals MVP.
Pierce’s numbers, while excellent, aren’t on the same level.
In 19 years, Pierce averaged 19.7 points, 5.6 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game. He was a 10-time All-Star, won one title and was a Finals MVP.
Both Pierce and Wade are headed to the Hall of Fame. Thankfully, it looks like they won’t be beefing along the way.