- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
- Bam Adebayo makes epic announcement after he officially signs extension with Miami Heat
- Pat Riley speaks out on Bam Adebayo officially signing 5-year, max rookie contract
- Dwyane Wade recounts him and Jimmy Butler losing $50K to Rajon Rondo, other teammates while gambling
- Precious Achiuwa reveals he was ‘probably the biggest’ Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo fan last season
Miami-Based Artist Creates Sick Mural of Dwyane Wade in Little Havana
- Updated: September 20, 2018
The mural by Miami-based artist Disem is on full display in Little Havana on the north wall of the Morphe Fitness and Wellness Spa, where it was commissioned and paid for by owner Roberto Santamarina.
View this post on Instagram
#wip #Repost @primossmokeshop with @get_repost ・・・ My boy @disem305 rocking @dwyanewade for the welcoming of his comeback! . . Feel free to repost and tag him on it as well! . . #miamiheat #dwade #comeback #welcomeback #beastmode #basketball #bball #staylitwithus #primossmokeshop #headshop #littlehavanamiami #heatnation
View this post on Instagram
No patience. So I couldn’t wait for a day time flik. Been working on this one on my free time and I don’t have much of it so it’s taken longer than expected. @dwyanewade thanks for 13 1/2 years of hard work n love towards our city. Give it a few more! #wadecounty #dism #disem #heatnation
The mural depicts Wade in a Heat “Vice” jersey surrounded by a sea of pink and teal.
“As an artist, my biggest influence is Miami, so anybody that has a big influence in Miami has a big influence on me,” Disem said in a Twitter video published by the Heat. “It’s my way of giving back to those that influenced me to paint them.
“Wade’s definitely… I’m a huge Heat fan, so he’s definitely had a huge impact on me as an artist, as a fan and as a Miamian.”
Now THAT is a work of art!
Disem began to work on the mural in February when the Cleveland Cavaliers sent Flash back to the Heat.
Disem said that he decided to paint the mural to commemorate Wade’s return to South Beach once the trade was finalized.
“When people see this wall, I want them to realize that this is a man who has put in a lot of work for this city in a lot of different ways,” he explained. “I just kind of wanted to give back to somebody who has given so much to this city and let him know that he’s appreciated.“
Wade re-signed with the Heat Sunday, returning for his 16th NBA season.
The future Hall of Famer has led the Heat to three NBA championships while earning himself 12 All-Star appearances.