- Jimmy Butler Heaps Praise on Derrick Jones Jr.: ‘He’s So Fun to Be Around’
- Report: Miami Heat Make Players Wear Mouth Guards and Knee Pads Due to Intensity of Practices
- Derrick Jones Jr. Details Special Benefits of New Endorsement Deal With Puma
- Rapper Boosie Unleashes Disgusting, Hateful Rant About Dwayne Wade and His Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Ranks Himself, LeBron James and Chris Bosh in Terms of Talent
- Danny Ainge Says Ray Allen Joining Miami Will Affect Boston’s Decision to Retire His Jersey
- Volleyball Player Says She ‘Messed Up’ After Swerving Derrick Jones Jr. in Her DMs
- Bam Adebayo’s Confidence ‘Through the Roof’ After Impressive All-Star Weekend
- Report: Derrick Jones Jr. Lands Puma Deal After Slam Dunk Contest Win
- Report: Jimmy Butler ‘Angry’ He Wasn’t Inserted in 4th Quarter of All-Star Game
Miami-Based Artist Creates Sick Mural of Dwyane Wade in Little Havana
- Updated: September 20, 2018
The mural by Miami-based artist Disem is on full display in Little Havana on the north wall of the Morphe Fitness and Wellness Spa, where it was commissioned and paid for by owner Roberto Santamarina.
View this post on Instagram
#wip #Repost @primossmokeshop with @get_repost ・・・ My boy @disem305 rocking @dwyanewade for the welcoming of his comeback! . . Feel free to repost and tag him on it as well! . . #miamiheat #dwade #comeback #welcomeback #beastmode #basketball #bball #staylitwithus #primossmokeshop #headshop #littlehavanamiami #heatnation
View this post on Instagram
No patience. So I couldn’t wait for a day time flik. Been working on this one on my free time and I don’t have much of it so it’s taken longer than expected. @dwyanewade thanks for 13 1/2 years of hard work n love towards our city. Give it a few more! #wadecounty #dism #disem #heatnation
The mural depicts Wade in a Heat “Vice” jersey surrounded by a sea of pink and teal.
“As an artist, my biggest influence is Miami, so anybody that has a big influence in Miami has a big influence on me,” Disem said in a Twitter video published by the Heat. “It’s my way of giving back to those that influenced me to paint them.
“Wade’s definitely… I’m a huge Heat fan, so he’s definitely had a huge impact on me as an artist, as a fan and as a Miamian.”
Now THAT is a work of art!
Disem began to work on the mural in February when the Cleveland Cavaliers sent Flash back to the Heat.
Disem said that he decided to paint the mural to commemorate Wade’s return to South Beach once the trade was finalized.
“When people see this wall, I want them to realize that this is a man who has put in a lot of work for this city in a lot of different ways,” he explained. “I just kind of wanted to give back to somebody who has given so much to this city and let him know that he’s appreciated.“
Wade re-signed with the Heat Sunday, returning for his 16th NBA season.
The future Hall of Famer has led the Heat to three NBA championships while earning himself 12 All-Star appearances.