- Bam Adebayo offers NSFW explanation on how Miami Heat have turned season around
- Zaire Wade sends angry message to Sierra Canyon after watching documentary: ‘You woke up a killa’
- Miami Heat news: Bam Adebayo signs endorsement deal with Jordan Brand
- Jimmy Butler offers surprising reaction to not being selected to this year’s All-Star team
- Report: Miami Heat ‘well positioned’ to sign John Collins this offseason
- Report: Miami Heat among ‘potential trade destinations’ for Kyle Lowry
- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
Miami-Based Artist Creates Sick Mural of Dwyane Wade in Little Havana
- Updated: September 20, 2018
The mural by Miami-based artist Disem is on full display in Little Havana on the north wall of the Morphe Fitness and Wellness Spa, where it was commissioned and paid for by owner Roberto Santamarina.
View this post on Instagram
#wip #Repost @primossmokeshop with @get_repost ・・・ My boy @disem305 rocking @dwyanewade for the welcoming of his comeback! . . Feel free to repost and tag him on it as well! . . #miamiheat #dwade #comeback #welcomeback #beastmode #basketball #bball #staylitwithus #primossmokeshop #headshop #littlehavanamiami #heatnation
View this post on Instagram
No patience. So I couldn’t wait for a day time flik. Been working on this one on my free time and I don’t have much of it so it’s taken longer than expected. @dwyanewade thanks for 13 1/2 years of hard work n love towards our city. Give it a few more! #wadecounty #dism #disem #heatnation
The mural depicts Wade in a Heat “Vice” jersey surrounded by a sea of pink and teal.
“As an artist, my biggest influence is Miami, so anybody that has a big influence in Miami has a big influence on me,” Disem said in a Twitter video published by the Heat. “It’s my way of giving back to those that influenced me to paint them.
“Wade’s definitely… I’m a huge Heat fan, so he’s definitely had a huge impact on me as an artist, as a fan and as a Miamian.”
Now THAT is a work of art!
Disem began to work on the mural in February when the Cleveland Cavaliers sent Flash back to the Heat.
Disem said that he decided to paint the mural to commemorate Wade’s return to South Beach once the trade was finalized.
“When people see this wall, I want them to realize that this is a man who has put in a lot of work for this city in a lot of different ways,” he explained. “I just kind of wanted to give back to somebody who has given so much to this city and let him know that he’s appreciated.“
Wade re-signed with the Heat Sunday, returning for his 16th NBA season.
The future Hall of Famer has led the Heat to three NBA championships while earning himself 12 All-Star appearances.