- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
Meyers Leonard Reacts to the Announcement of the NBA Returning With the Perfect GIF
- Updated: June 3, 2020
All NBA teams have been sidelined by the league’s suspension of play on March 11 due to the coronavirus pandemic. At the time of that decision, there was no guarantee that the league would complete the current campaign.
Leonard and the Heat were among the most disappointed by the stoppage of play, considering that the Heat had the fourth-best record in the Eastern Conference with a 41-24 record.
The restart is set to begin on July 31, which gives the Heat and the remaining 21 teams in contention plenty of time to get back in sync.
Some of the major differences with this resumption of play includes the centralized environment, where all teams will be playing at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. In addition, there will be no fans in attendance as well as safety protocols put in place for all involved in the games, especially the players.
The expectation of the NBA season extending into October obviously affects the beginning of the 2020-21 campaign, which figures to be shortened to accommodate that late start.
Exactly where Leonard will be next season is unknown, since he will become a free agent at the end of this season. However, Leonard is more focused on the near future than what lies ahead next year.