- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Meyers Leonard Posts Passionate Message Showing He’s Ready to ‘Compete’ in NBA’s Restart
- Updated: July 6, 2020
The novel coronavirus has kept NBA players away from legitimate games since March.
However, Leonard has been out of commission for much longer than that. The 28-year-old missed 16 straight games due to a sprained left ankle prior to the suspension.
The Heat acquired Leonard from the Portland Trail Blazers last summer. Leonard and the Blazers fought hard in the 2019 Western Conference Finals, though they got swept by the Golden State Warriors.
The veteran has started in 49 contests with the Heat this season. He is averaging 6.1 points and 5.1 boards per game.
While his statistical production hasn’t been superb, his all-around presence has boosted the team. As a matter of fact, the Heat are interested in re-signing Leonard despite him missing several games this season.
The 2019-20 campaign is set to move forward on July 30 in Orlando, Fla.