- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
Meyers Leonard Posts Passionate Message Showing He’s Ready to ‘Compete’ in NBA’s Restart
- Updated: July 6, 2020
The novel coronavirus has kept NBA players away from legitimate games since March.
However, Leonard has been out of commission for much longer than that. The 28-year-old missed 16 straight games due to a sprained left ankle prior to the suspension.
The Heat acquired Leonard from the Portland Trail Blazers last summer. Leonard and the Blazers fought hard in the 2019 Western Conference Finals, though they got swept by the Golden State Warriors.
The veteran has started in 49 contests with the Heat this season. He is averaging 6.1 points and 5.1 boards per game.
While his statistical production hasn’t been superb, his all-around presence has boosted the team. As a matter of fact, the Heat are interested in re-signing Leonard despite him missing several games this season.
The 2019-20 campaign is set to move forward on July 30 in Orlando, Fla.